ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Going for birch wood on mine. Can't wait

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
^this. lots of info over at mt.net on which material and why. Most believed birch wood is the best option for it's strenght and low cost. Those are the reasons I'm going that route.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I believe he means the shape and size. Not necessarily out of wood.
^Yeah, a few companies have made "splitters" but they don't go that far under the car... which kinda makes me wonder if there really is any benefit to those ones. I recall someone saying for a splitter to even be considered as functional, it should at least hold your body weight when standing on it.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Most companies have even advertised them as lip protectors basically lol.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
Track Dog Racing splitters. They claim it's adds some downforce but I'm curious as to how much. I highly doubt if any downforce is created at all and if it does I doubt it's enough to actually provide enough to improve performance. We need wind tunnel results for this! lol

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Ah ok, good. That always kinda bugged me how they called them splitters. Hell, if I point my finger out the window while driving I'm splitting the air. Back on topic though, I'm curious to see finished pics of the OP's!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I'm going to make a big one this summer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought splitters weren't for generating down force but to "split" the high and low pressure areas in front of the vehicle and guide them over or under the car.

That mock up looks good. With having that extra piece on the back of the splitter it looks like it will guide the air better to the back of the car.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
High pressure above the splitter creates downforce.

·
Registered
146 Posts
+1. you have to be able to STAND on it for it to be considered functional.

Also, making that one piece out of a single sheet of 3mm aluminum... going to be expensive...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts