ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intercooler is using both tow hook locations, but I'm gonna need a tow hook.

Are there any front tow hooks that mount elsewhere?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
All the plug 'n play front tow hooks I've seen for NA Roadsters either connect directly to the factory tie down hooks (baby teeth) or they replace the factory tie down hooks but use the same 3 mounting bolts. Either way, if your intercooler is using that space/mounting holes, you'll have to work out something custom. You could obtain a universal tow hook and have a shop weld it to a solid metal structure up front like a frame rail and then make a slot in the bumper cover for clearance. Alternatively, you could bolt or weld a tow hook to one of the front shock towers that sticks up vertically through a slot in the hood like the Cyber Evo shown below.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I like the one from Metro Motorsports better because aesthetically I prefer the vertical orientation. If you want the Mazda Motorsports Development tow hooks MiataRoadster.com can get good prices on their parts if you're not a racer and don't already have a Team Support Number. Functionally I'd say they're equal. I don't think the Tuckin99 (horizontal) tow hook is available anymore (only bolt style for NC) but you could also try the Nielex (horitzontal) tow hook like Bill Wilner has. Okuyama make a tow hook as does Robert's Autosport.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I've decided to get the Mazdaspeed one, but I need to know if the area circled in red is flat.. It needs to be completely flat with no curved edges like the stock hooks to work with the I/C. It looks flat but can someone tell me for sure before I order one? Thx!

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
any more links/alternatives for tow hooks? I've been meaning to get one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts