ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased this Montego Blue 1997 Miata C package from my cousin(the second owner) with 113,000ish miles. It is the second car I've ever owned, first being an automatic 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8s. So it was quite a positive change.

The car came with quite a few paint chips and dings on the body, likely from it being transported from North Carolina, to California, to Wisconsin. There is no rust on the car, never winter driven, and it came with full maintenance records. Clutch, timing belt, and water pump were all done since 100,000 miles.

Here is the car after a detail a few months before I first purchased it:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few (2) weeks after buying the car, it was hit while parked at work. A group of people in the parking lot came inside and informed me my car was hit and the van had driven off. We found the drivers license plate, called the police, and I received the company's(work van) insurance information.

I drove to the Mazda dealerships, received quotes, and got a check from his insurance for the the repairs.

Notice the distance from the line on the side that I was hit. :?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My first upgrade was wheels. A friend of mine was selling off his BBS wheels from his civic in favor of wider wheels. I loved the look of them, so I picked them up the day he posted them. It was later that I found out they were 95 M edition wheels.

They were in good condition(quite dirty), came with BBS center caps, and practically new Falken Azenis tires. The center caps didn't fit though due to my lugs being too long.

Much better than the 16 inch Panasport Wheels it came with.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My next purchase was coilovers, for two reasons. To fix body roll and to fix the hideous wheel gap that had now became more obvious with the smaller wheels. I also purchased some open ended lugs for the center caps.

I purchased Megan Ez Streets, because they seemed like a good value(they are) and were well within my budget. Going back I would have purchased BC's, but for the time being I can't complain.

I installed them with my friend one day. It took a bit longer than expected, but now that we've done it, we could do it far sooner.

Here are the low quality pictures I took, the second photo was with just the fronts in, and the third and fourth are with both in and the height unadjusted:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pictures of the car when it was at its lowest(best?) The very last picture is after I raised it some and that is how it sits today.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks great, I love Montego & tan. Do me a favor - go outside, and pull up on the back of your passenger side headlight cover, until it sits flush with the hood like the driver's side. ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great, I love Montego & tan. Do me a favor - go outside, and pull up on the back of your passenger side headlight cover, until it sits flush with the hood like the driver's side. ;)
Yeah, I had tried to make them flush after reading that you just lift them up.
I never actually checked because it didn't seem to do much lol.

That radiator is looking awful brown, make sure to get a replacement before that ruins your day.
I wasn't aware of that sign. I'll look into a replacement, especially since a supercharger is on the way in.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ebay 55mm is a great option, had one in my track rat for sometime. Also be sure to do a coolant re route as well.
I was going to go with the CX Racing one. I have heard nothing but good things, aside from one guy with a fitment issue.
I will be putting in a small (18x12x3) CX Racing IC aswell.

I looked at it today and the hoses look to still be in good condition.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are some small :rice: parts I've added.

One of my favorite add ons so far was the Rennenmetal accelerator pedal cover. I also got some race eyes powder coated black, they are very subtle.
A Powered by Max adjustable shift knob, from Philly B by Stoly. The pic where it is lower is where I have it set to now.
I removed the armrest one day in an attempt to gain more leg room. I used a cardboard strap and a binder clip to hold it in place for a door strap.
I also bought a handbrake button for an AE86, it was really cheap and pretty neat.

Notice the bee in the shift knob picture.

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Love the light top on your car. I'd invest in the TDR tensioner as well, it's well worth the money and it'll pay itself back in belts not lost/time not spent futzing with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts