ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 1.8 R-pkg Miata (clean title, passes smog)
name: Justin
price $3800 OBO/$4300 with hardtop(not pictured)

i picked up this car a few months ago as a daily and absolutely love it, but it looks like im going to needing another truck and have no need for 5 cars between my wife and I lol.

i dont really need to sell it other than not really having the space for it, but it should go to a good home where it can be enjoyed. Ideally, I would love to see this go to someone who will take it to the track a few times a month. I havent had the chance to let it loose, but my younger brother did a 1:42 at wsir (i did a 1:35 in my s2k that day :) lol) in this car before the block was replaced, with nothing but some nt01s mounted on 6ulrs which we already sold.

174,xxx miles on the odo but i just put a low mileage 1.8 long block in less than 3k miles. while replacing, the car got a new F1stage 3 clutch which has some clutch buzz like most stage 3s. new water pump, belts, seals etc.. all the "might as well replace" parts

runs like a champ. doesnt seem to be burning or leaking oil at all. ive checked the oil levels frequently and havent had to add an ounce since the long block swap. just did the first oil change a few days ago.

averages about 28-30 MPG. pretty good right? lol

clear coat has some small cancer areas but other than that the paint is pretty good. id give it a 7/10. not too bad for a 12 yr old car.

soft top has no holes.. the rear zippered window is faded but you can still kind of see out of it. replacing the vinyl window is about $60 at most upholstery shops.

the e brake doesnt work that great.

interior is in pretty fair condition.. missing the top part of the cup holder.. driver seat is pretty worn but not too bad. missing stock steering wheel and airbag.. was replaced with a decent knock off sparco steering wheel. the car used to have a roll bar installed.
so the holes are still back there for easy installation of a new roll bar which i havent got around to.

comes with a set of 4 New sumitomos mounted which now have less than 1k miles on them.
if there is anything im forgetting please just ask..

these pics were taken with my cell phone.. so the colors are off.. the car looks great in person.. i can never seem to get the angles that i like in pics that I see in person.

****NOT PICTURED is the optional primered black hardtop complete with all mounting latches. (the car is missing the side strickers, still mounts great with just the front and rear mounting points) The top is missing the rear glass!!!! I will not part out until the car is gone.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Dibs on the windowless hard top if you sell the car without it!

·
Registered
571 Posts
What would you consider a good offer WITHOUT the rear glass? may be interested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol.. make the biggest offer you are willing to pay and we can see if works out i guess lol. PM me. i was thinking about making cf tops using this one for a mold... just my stuff would fit a lot better than that chaser crap. i make a lot of stuff for the s2000s. im just not sure why you guys are soo against aftermarket parts lol especially if the price is good.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
lol.. make the biggest offer you are willing to pay and we can see if works out i guess lol. PM me. i was thinking about making cf tops using this one for a mold... just my stuff would fit a lot better than that chaser crap. i make a lot of stuff for the s2000s. im just not sure why you guys are soo against aftermarket parts lol especially if the price is good.
I'm not getting in a bidding war, I figured you wanted $500 for the top since that's the price differential you posted. How much do you think you could produce a CF version for? A lot of people need the OEM top due to SM requirements but others are just against aftermarket tops due to fitment issues or lower resale value.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No bidding war needed, Im discounting the hardtop at this price for potential buyers of the car. If someone wants to pay what the top is worth even without glass , then they can do so. I'm not gonna low ball myself lol

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
OEM glass costs over $300 and hard tops sell for as cheap as $800 with good paint so your primered, windowless top isn't worth more than $500 and definitely isn't considered "discounted."

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You can't get a new one for that price and used is pretty hard to find. MSRP is $490 with the seal and even with an employee discount you wouldn't get it under $300.

We're not even factoring in a quality paint job which will run another couple hundred.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts