ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bought both of these in order to build an engine to run in my Miata for time trial events. However, I found a deal on an already built and ported 13B-RE I plan to use instead. So these items have to go... I have for your consideration a complete cylinder head from a '99 Mazda Miata (BP4W). This cylinder head does not include a valve cover, intake manifold, nor exhaust manifold. Since I was planning on being turbocharged, I had also picked up a '94 Mazda Miata longblock as the block is pre-tapped for an oil feed line. When I bought the engine it was complete minus the valve cover, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold. I do have an intake manifold that I will include with the purchase of the longblock from a '94 Mazda Miata. If the buyer is interested I have a valve cover which as been cut to expose the cam gears fully for $50 with the purchase of either the cylinder head or longblock. Also if the buyer of the cylinder head is interested I have a set of ARP Head Studs for $100 that were never used and still in the box with included ARP Lube. I am wanting to get $450 for the '99 Miata Cylinder Head, $350 for the '94 Miata Longblock, or $750 for both. Let me know if you need anymore information, photos, or want to plan a meetup to look at these items. Thanks in advance for taking the time to view this posting. The longblock will not be shipped, however, I can ship the cylinder head if needed at the buyer's expense.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Calton, I wish you'd wait a few months on these. I may consider buying them from you when tax refunds come in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alan,

I haven't gotten any interest on them at all and they have been posted on numerous forums. So you might be in luck... Don't worry, I'll hook ya up. Probably even buy you a beer if you come to pick them up.

·
Banned
2,435 Posts
Any compression numbers or other verification on how healthy the parts are?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine had been compression tested by Panic Motorsports which is where I got the engine. It was good across the board. I will check and see if I can't pull the number off of the shrink wrap covering the head. On the cylinder head, it came from a running car so it should be good, but I don't have anything to 'prove' this...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have any of lately. I will snag some of the cylinder head when I get home as it is still in a shipping box under my bed along with the modified valve cover... Unfortunately it would be a little while before I could get some pics of the engine as it is in storage at my dad's house which is an hour from my current residence. I will post pics as soon as they are available.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright. I will shoot some pics of the head and the valve cover tonight when I get home. Should have the photos posted tomorrow morning for you. Thanks for the interest!

·
Banned
2,435 Posts
I am doing a compression test in the next few days and checking all of my seals to figure out where I am losing oil, not getting any funky smoke so I am thinking an external seal. If the head is suspect at all I will seriously look into buying yours. I have the funds available but would rather save it for skiing, ha ha!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a problem man... Just let me know what turns up. And I feel ya on not wanting to HAVE to spend the money. Haha!

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I claim the longblock. DIBS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts