ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
You'll have a much easier time selling this if you find out what's wrong with it or at least provide the symptoms. Pooped out could mean it lost spark or the block got punched through.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing looks VISUALLY wrong. the engine just shut off when i was driving on the freeway. I just chalked it up the the engine being old and needing a new one. the engine now doesnt turn over or crank. thats all i can tell since im mechanically at a disadvantage. anyone is welcome to come and look for themselves if they think they can figure it out and tell me lol.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm no mechanic either so I know how it feels to not know what's going on. Someone might jump on this if they can figure it out. Great looking car and good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
124 Posts
OP...sent you a PM, but nevertheless, it sounds like your alternator is toast...and that's an easy and cheap fix. Good luck.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know its not the alternator because ive had the starter and alternator replaced about 5k ago. right before the engine cut out the motor became super sluggish and the oil pressure gauge dropped to L.

·
Registered
70 Posts
5k is tough to bite on considering the engine could be totalled, and I don't mean it as a **** on your add. Just stating it will be hard to do since at the moment there are others on sale in 5k that run.
Least that's the way I read it. Maybe if you found out why it not turning over you'll get more bites.

Or start the part out that I assume we all inquired about. ;)
hardtop-800
front lip-150-175
rear -175-225
sideskirts-?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My hardtop is the Second gen One with the headliner and defrost in mint condition...Hard top 1100$ easy. For 800$ you can go buy a scratched up, off color, early model top...

Either way. Thanks for your input. Still not parting out yet. And your not going to find another NB with these mods for this price.if you add up the parts you'll see how the asking price is very reasonable. But I'm not even going to start on that topic.

Please pm me for further comments

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
The only person that will have to bite the bullet is you. No one in the right mind will buy a car that doesn't run and not paint matching for 5000.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The only person that will have to bite the bullet is you. No one in the right mind will buy a car that doesn't run and not paint matching for 5000.
Thank you for your input now GTFO of my thread. :) if you don't have anything useful to add keep it to yourself.

All the belts look attached. Is the timing belt one that can't be seen from the front? I'll have my friend check that today. Thanks!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
That was pretty useful information for you.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Thank you for your input now GTFO of my thread. :) if you don't have anything useful to add keep it to yourself.

All the belts look attached. Is the timing belt one that can't be seen from the front? I'll have my friend check that today. Thanks!
He provided very useful information to fellow members of the community to keep them from getting ripped off. You may not like it because it hurts your bottom line and if thats the case use Craigslist or ebay to try and unload your mess. glws :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts