Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD: JRSC Miata 1.6 PS/AC, freshly rebuilt: SOLD

Edit:
!!SOLD!!

Aka, "Dammit, I just bought this thing!"

Hey folks,

1.6 Jackson Racing Supercharger with power steering and AC pulleys (oooh).

I just picked this up the other month and then decided to switch over to an NB (d'oh). It has not seen even a mile of use since the rebuild from Embree Specialty Machine. Here's the thread with additional photos where I picked it up from Bronto:
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56233

And the work order from Embree:
Originally Posted by Embree Specialty Machine Work Order
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Embree Specialty Machine Supercharger Work Order 3:07 PM 1/8/2012 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Supercharger type/Brand: Eaton M45 Jackson Racing Vehicle Application: Mazda Miata Disassembly Notes from Shop Foreman (D#): D1. Came with two studs in Supercharger Outlet D2. Two Bolts missing in Snout Flange equaling six bolt instead of eight bolts. D3. Bypass Set Screw bent. Not sure of the cause of damage to this part, possibly occurred during shipping. D4. 1/2 inch hole was found in the shipping box. D5. Came with a Stock Steel Pulley. Dings/Dents on Pulley&Nut from someone using impact on the Snout Pulley Nut. D6. Visible oil on the Snout Seal; Snout Seal appears to be leaking. Green Coupler. D7. Inlet Plenum attached. D8. Bell Crank Linkage Hole is oversized. D9. Came with Gray Coated Rotors. Work Order notes from Shop Foreman (W#): W1. Complete Supercharger Rebuild with Rotor Assembly Rebuild Services $450 W2. Re-use OME coated rotors W3. Replace bypass screw $5.00 S4. Shipping Cost $49.60 T5. $450.00 + $5.00 = 455.00 plus shipping Total Cost $504.60
I purchased it without a MAF adapter, elbows, couplers, hose clamps, or air filter. I picked up the following, but haven't tried putting them all to use so no guarantees on fit, I haven't tried it yet:

- Mishimoto MMCP-30SBK Black 3.0" silicon Straight Coupler
- AEM 21-203D DryFlow Air Filter (CARB legal)
- Spectre 8738 Chrome Modular 45-Degree Elbow Air Intake Tube - 3-Inch Diameter
- Spectre Performance 8698 Chrome 3" 90° Elbow Air Intake Tube
- Qty. 2 Pro Tie 33705 SAE Size 64 Range 2-7/8-Inch-3-13/16-Inch T-Bolt All Stainless Hose Clamp, 1-Pack
- BCP 3" Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter

$1300 with everything, picked up in SF bay area (94043) or shipped to the contiguous 48. Reasonable offers welcome, just do your negotiating before we agree to meet up somewhere.

Here's a photo I took for fun... no it does not go on top of your valve cover :)

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went out and took a few photos:

I also just noticed the bypass valve actuator (little round black plastic thing) looks to have had its little plastic mounting pegs knocked off during shipping. I'm going to drop the price by $50 as it looks repairable by someone that's a little handy, and if not, they go for $50 on ebay.

New price, $1300, picked up or shipped.

Here's a quick video of me spinning it by hand:

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still up for grabs, but FYI I'll be out of town this weekend and will have limited connectivity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts