ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do those triton seats attach? Very interested.
They're bottom mount with threaded inserts, extremely easy and space efficient once you've removed the rear seat humps, requires some simple brackets if not. I had 'em mocked up on the floor on 1" risers and they were ace.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
what are the harness mounting points like? i can't really tell if there are passthroughs for waist straps or for a 5th point.

also, is there any flex in the seat at all? i know there are a lot of people who run into issues with seat flex with such thin fiberglass seats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what are the harness mounting points like? i can't really tell if there are passthroughs for waist straps or for a 5th point.

also, is there any flex in the seat at all? i know there are a lot of people who run into issues with seat flex with such thin fiberglass seats.
No passthroughs on the sides, this is the low profile model and the corners where harnesses would come through are very shallow, none needed. There is no provision for a 5th point. As far as flex goes, I can see where you're coming from and was concerned as well. After seeing what these seats get put through and seeing the seats for myself, I have no doubts they will hold up. They are beefy in all the right places and VERY rigid.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Man those triton seats are tempting, I'd just hate to delete the humps incase I ever want stock seats again.

Have you ever driven in a car with them for long periods of time? My only concern is I herneated four discs a couple years back, it still gets messed up from time to time. I'm just concerned with how harsh a seat like this could be. Specially given my car is the exact opposite of smooth riding.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man those triton seats are tempting, I'd just hate to delete the humps incase I ever want stock seats again.

Have you ever driven in a car with them for long periods of time? My only concern is I herneated four discs a couple years back, it still gets messed up from time to time. I'm just concerned with how harsh a seat like this could be. Specially given my car is the exact opposite of smooth riding.
I was able to remove and re-install my humps with no issues, just weld 'em back in. As far as comfort goes, these are no more uncomfortable than the Ultrashields I have now, but those arent exactly famous for plushness YMMV.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm getting a lot of questions about fitment and harnesses etc. I purchased these seats based on the fact that in dimension and design they are VERY similar to Elise seats, only much lighter. So imagine Elise seats but MUCH lighter, without upholstery, and with slots for shoulder straps and a low side profile that will allow for the lap belt.

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
These look like a copy of one of the Tillet race seats...which a friend has in his NB...and they are VERY nice. :)

SO given that....I'd say these would be as nice given they are a lot cheaper :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
beauty... i really wish i got the cash now

do they make a cover for them? or would I need to have an upholstery shop build me something?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts