ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The guy that owned the car before me had it imported in. Took him half a year to get it shipped. As far as I know the NB dash is bigger..........So the NB cage should fit fine around an NA dash but won't have as tight as fitment, but if you had an NA cage, you would have to trim the NB dash.

I have an NA also, so I'll testfit it when I get around to unbolting it from my car if an NB owner doesn't scoop it up first........or an NA with an NB dash

edit: my NA is a 97, so it still has a somewhat different dash than the 1.6's

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Yes, my car is hardtop. I have spec miata/rennenmetal brackets holding the top down. Not sure if it is OEM latch compatible or not.

Btw: shipping should be pretty easy since the cage comes apart in pieces for those that have never seen it.
If I had $1000 and it worked with a soft top I would be all over your cage. But it doesn't, I don't so I'm not :mrgreen:

Free bump

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think the blue ones are the D1 models and the Safety 21 is black.....at least by looking at the Cusco diagrams that is how it appears. I agree tho, it does look good and I was thinking about painting mine purple if I kept it

Last bump for local pickup. If no action by end of the weekend, then I'll be boxing it up for shipment.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you for repeating it again. Also says it in my Cusco link in the original post.

Do you guys know if this will work with a soft top? What about a full interior hardtop? It has plenty of space with my hardtop, but I don't have headliner or any interior to it and I've never seen a top with that stuff before, so I'm interested.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thx man. I also have a local guy interested in it, but right now he has a soft top and should be looking into a hardtop soon but wants to keep full interior. I'm sure it will fit, I would just like someone to confirm it.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Bump. Havn't been on top of my game trying to get this sold because I honestly wanted to keep it. Need it gone for realz tho.

New update: Fits both NA and NB. I test fitted in my 97 and fits good, also clears soft top cept for the front latches. You will have to have rennenmetal/spec miata plates fastened onto your softtop and just every time you want to drop the top, undo the one bolt holding the plate to the windshield frame.

Lowered price! Local pickup price is $900. Shipping will have to pay the base price plus cost of packaging and shipping

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This week is last chance for local pickup. I'll be boxing it up on Friday for shipping quotes. Given you locals too much time of dicking around with questions instead of putting money down :phillyb:

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Bump. Going to get this boxed tomorrow for quotes. Looks like the local guy is backing out of it since I havn't received any word

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Bubble wrapped the bars and took them to UPS today for quotes on packaging and shipping.

Half way across country (from VA to bottom or top of coast) is around $200.
Across full country (VA to cali) is around $230.

This includes the front legs, rear legs, windshield bar, and hoop. Backing plates for the front legs and hoop. And bolts/washers/nuts for the front legs and hoop. Bubble wrapped. and in a big cardboard box.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts