ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pioneer Premier TS-SW1241D 12" shallow mount subwoofer + custom box

I had this in an NA. Purchased everything new from a car stereo shop. The box was custom built to fit perfectly behind an Autopower Street Bar w/ harness bar (this exact model: http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/30-1039.html), with soft top completely removed. The box has extensions on the sides that help to cover up the gaps on the left and right. With the extensions, it doesn't even look like there is a "box" back there...it just looks like an elevated parcel shelf with a speaker inside. The extensions can be removed, but the carpeting will need to be cut/modified. Box may fit behind a 94-97 factory brace, but the soft top definitely must be removed.

A current generation shallow sub from Pioneer goes for just over $80 online. A custom box? I don't know. This thing is solid, made using 3/4" MDF, and it has 12 gauge speaker wires coming out of it. It's in great condition and it sounded great when I had it hooked up to an old school Alpine V12 amp. It doesn't even have to be used in a Miata. I'll let this entire combo go for $100. Local pick-up in Rowland Heights, CA. No shipping.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts