ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when im tearing up an onramp or cornering really hard my car sometimes cuts out. I know what it is im pretty sure, but how do i stop it? It never did it til i put grippier tires on there. is the answer baffles on the fuel tank or a fuel cell or what? thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
how much gas did you have in the tank? if you were close to empty, its as easy as filling up with some more gas.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the first time i had like a quarter tank. i did it again at 2/3 a tank. i was like wtf? i have more than a half a tank it tends to happen around a right hander

·
Registered
212 Posts
i had mine stall one day while sliding around in a parking lot, but i was well under a 1/4 tank

·
Registered
517 Posts
NA only problem?

Ive noticed after a lot of cornering my fuel gauge reads 1/8th to 1/4 (don't you love non-linear gauges) low. It takes about 10-20 seconds to go back to normal. I think there is a lot of baffling in there, at least in NBs.

Just taking a shot in the dark, when is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sure, just thing how many tanks of gas have passed through it in 30,000 miles. Under hard cornering you might not be picking up as much gas as possible and then add a slightly plugged fliter and then you have very reduced flow. Beside, they are cheap to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts