ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's all mounted up and just need to connect one more wire for the MAP sensor and I'll try to get it running.

I tested the ems prior to doing the install and it worked somewhat. The factory TPS on the 1.6 as I have found out is an on/off switch, so tip in on the throttle gives full throttle to the ecu (not drivable unless replaced). Didn't want to fiddle anymore with the stock setup, so last weekend I spent installing everything.

Once she is running, off to the dyno for tuning. :)

If anyone is interested and if it all works out fine, I can post up what I did step by step.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
yeah the tps-> swtich thing is pretty well talked about, as I understand it the tps from the AUTO 1.6 miata is a proper potentiometer. check that out

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbored- It's a Cusco 9mm catch can.

Sid- The Fuji setup comes with its own TPS so no need to mess this the stock on anymore, and yes I did see that the auto version is better.

noah- I'll have to get my notes together and I'll post it up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the car idles very good, but dies if I give it throttle. I think that most of this is due to converting from MAF to MAP sensor and I need a new base map for the ems. :-({|=

So, I'll need a new base map (if anyone has one that I can look at?) to get it running, but most likely will have to take it to the tuner to get done.

-Rob

·
Registered
902 Posts
Rob and imez2miss-I just talked to Central Florida Turbo. I will set up an appointment with them for next week and we will load my map to file and e-mail it to you.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it was purchased from Jimmy and he did tell me this morning that he was going to get me the maps. BTW.. thanks Jimmy for the great help and service. :)

But I will still need to go and get it tuned regarless because the maps are for different engines.

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,052 Posts
but if jimmy gives you his maps, they should be somewhat similiar because of the ways in which the motors were developed on the same platform.

it would be great for a starting base to start your tuning off of.

i would really like to take a ride in it with you after its all said and done if possible.

TeRRy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Terry-
The base should be close enough to get it run while moving the throttle, but still will need some tuning regardless.

Np on ride-alongs once it is set and running.

Turbored-
I'll get some closer pics up soon. Just needed to take a break from it to re-coop. Trying all different settings got my brain all racked-up! LOL Just mentally drained with this and real work that I do everyday.

-Rob

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the results are in. I'm very pleased at the results after being on the dyno for 2.5hrs. I'm glad that the engine made it. :D

My stock setup dyno'd 113 HP at the hub, with 109 torque.

New results, well you can see for yourself.

I have to commend Jimmy on a great product. =D>

I did do a little modification to the fuel line setup with Earl's Black braided lines and fittings for security purposes.

I'll do a full write-up on what I did later this weekend.

Thanks again to Jimmy for all of his support in getting this to happen with these great results.

-Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, Jimmy's setting are for his 1.8 and the settings for the 1.6 are different. Mainly the injector, ODBII and ignition are different.

I ended up having to trailering the car to the dyno shop. This was also recommended by the tuner so that I didn't damage the engine.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Wow...great numbers. What compression are those Toda pistons? Are they lighter than stock? And with the solid lifters, how high can you rev up to now?

Sorry about all the questions. Please let me know. :) Oh, I live in Long Beach too. I want to check out your car in person so bad...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Compression is 11:1 and I assume lighter then stock since they are forged aluminum.

Haven't tried reving any further then the stock setting because the stock cams don't make any more power. But we did learn that with the exhaust cam set to 2 degrees the HP jumped up 4, torque up 2.

Next project will be cams and airbox once I get the money together. This project pretty much killed my money that I set aside for this car, but it was well worth the time and money spent.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts