ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed on the FR front page that there is a header for our cars. Any more info on this? That is a really good price for a header considering the best ones are in the $400+ range.

Jimmy, can you maybe provide us with dyno results and/or close up of welds?

Fuji Racing Front Page said:

Miata 1989-2005
$375.00
Pictures:

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Looks like the same design as the RB header.
Some dude on .net has one. He lives in England and I think his car was called a "Club Sport" edition MX5...

His handle name is Justin Fox, iirc.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a customer locally that I installed a 4-1 RB header last year on his 1.6L car and within a month I hope to have back to back dyno comparisons. My 99 engine with IRTB's w/ the RB 4-2-1 already has a Dyno number and now we have to get back on the dyno to compare our 4-1 header back to back. I have a customer in SW FL. that has our 4-1 header on his '99 SINGLE THROTTLE ENGINE and I sent out my old 4-2-1 RB header to him so that he can also do a dyno comparison. I've seen what is out there in the U.S. market and I have seen A-RF's and Maxims close up in Japan and I will back our header up just like any of our products. I personally like RB products and it is what I have locally to do the dyno comparison with. On my IRTB car on the street the RB 4-2-1 feels stronger in the lower RPM but in the mid to top end the 4-1 feels stronger with a good low RPM feel. Also I will attend Miata's at Hallet to see how the car does with IRTB's & stock internals. The 4-1 header is making me stay stock internals for another year.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yesterday we did a Dyno test on a Mustang Dyno at Centrel Florida Turbo in Orlando FL. on a customers 1.6L with OEM Intake.. The test was back to back comparing it to the Racing Beat 4-1 Header. The RB did Max Power 98.4 @ 6000 & Max Torque [email protected] 4500. Our FujiRacing 4-1 Header did Max Power 100.6 @ 6500 & Max Torque 86.3 @ 5500 RPM. Our Torque curve was flatter all across. I'll have the Dyno chart available tonight or by tomorrow morning.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's great to hear Jimmy!

How is the fitment of the header. Does it have any clearance issues with the steering shaft or the tranny? That is the biggest problem with the header I have now.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
just keep your heat shield and use some clamps over it to hold it down, worked everytime for me....

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
so less torque at 1000 rpms higher and more power, but 500 rpms higher?

i'd definately like to see some sheets, because the peak numbers dont really lie in your favor.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I didn't mention this initially because I was very satisfied with the Dyno session & I do not like to make excuses. Our FujiRacing exhaust had a leak at the flange/gasket where it bolts up to the cat on top when we did the dyno run and still had a good result. So the customer drove it home about 20 miles and told me that he wasn't satisfied because of the smell/noise and wanted to put his RB back on and I said no problem. He came out to my place and had a change of mind on the way and wanted to see if I could fix the exhaust leak. All I had to do was tighten up the upper bolt. Then we went on a test drive in the back winding hilly roads. This is his quote"Your FujiRacing exhaust has a flatter torque curve and power wise it feels like the RB. Just like the dyno shows yours has a flatter torque curve and the RB spikes at about midrange which you can tell in real world driving". He's sticking with my header now. Fitment wise everything clears. I'll post the dyno sheet today. Then after the GA. tour I'll do a Dyno run with the '99 on my IRTB car. With our '99 header the car felt good at Gainesville this past weekend and the times & speed showed.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
GA tour? When you coming to the Peach State? Might have to make a mini meet for ya :)

PS: I'll be getting a few dyno pulls with the ITBs next week if all goes according to plan. I'll be getting a baseline before I put them on so we can see just what they do on a completely stock setup (no header, stock exhaust, stock internals, etc). That header does look nice, might have to pick one up if th enumbers lok good enough :mrgreen:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Foo-The event is near Valdosta next weekend. Come on down if you have time. The Dyno #'s are posted on my site fuji-racing.com.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
976 Posts
So I was looking at the dyno sheet..
http://fuji-racing.com/fujiracing_175.htm

according to your dyno sheet your header actually made less torque then the stock miata exhaust manifold/header&downpipe?

and I was wondering what was racing beats horsepower & torque reading at 6500rpm for hp and 5500rpm for tq.?

since I noticed that's what your hp & tq #'s were taken at

thanks,
Andrew

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I was looking at the dyno sheet..
http://fuji-racing.com/fujiracing_175.htm

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/AndrewBanh/fujiracing175001-1.jpg

according to your dyno sheet your header actually made less torque then the stock miata exhaust manifold/header&downpipe?

and I was wondering what was racing beats horsepower & torque reading at 6500rpm for hp and 5500rpm for tq.?

since I noticed that's what your hp & tq #'s were taken at

thanks,
Andrew
Oh good observation. I didn't even notice that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts