ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing has been completed in Japan and 1994-1995 1.8L IRTB Kit with the OER subcon/piggyback ECU will retail at $1900.00 and I will do a GB on the first 5 for only$1500.00 plus shipping from my Florida address. Air Filters and the carb syncrometer will not be included in this price.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Interested, but curious what the gains are between this and an SC?
What kind of gains are you looking for? As far as raw hp/tq numbers there is no comparison - forced induction wins every time. But if you're looking for the most responsive motor that allows you to always make the most of what you got in the twisties then IRTB is the way to go. So do you spend all your time drag racing and driving straight line on the freeway or do you auto-x and drive in the mountains? Jimmy has pulled some decent drag times with nothing more than throttles, ECU, some bolt ons, weight reduction, and sticky tires but I feel that 4 independent throttles is more about feel and precision and momentum driving whereas FI is all about being really fast on the straights but slowing way down for the corners and waiting for the car to be perfectly straight again before stepping on the go pedal.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
What's different about the '99-'00 head (intake ports, stud spacing, etc.) that prevents the '94-'95 IRTB hardware from hooking up to it? Is the difference between the '94-'95 application and '99-'00 application just software/ECU?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Didn't Jimmy post ages ago saying that when he first started doing it he'd invested in making adapters so that they would work?

There was an "IRTBs in an NB?" thread I think.

·
Registered
340 Posts
here you go:
http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3949
Chris-Before I even sold one IRTB kit here in the U.S. I invested in making adaptor plates so that a 94-97 intake manifold cold bolt directly onto 99-05 head. I have many adaptor plates in stock. That is why my same IRTB kit that I used for my 95 head can bolt onto the current 99 head. Correct, only issue is what ECU you want for the VVT.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do have adaptor plates available so that you can bolt on a 94-97 IRTB manifold onto a 99-05 head. The subcon/piggyback can run only the 90-95 for now.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
[strike:6d1db1ae5d]i just got off the phone with jimmy and he said that the 99 head is diffrent then the 94-97 head and he has made adapter plates for the head if you need one. looks like i am placing a order :)[/strike:6d1db1ae5d]

nevermind jimmy beat me to it.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
If that subcon fit the 96+ I'd really be itchin to get this. Still tempting to pick it up w/o subcon and the 99+ adapter

1 - 20 of 37 Posts