ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is our Mustang Dyno result from yesterday. The other Header is the old RB 4-2-1. Conversion to a Dynojet is 154.28 RWHP & 134.55 Torque. The test was done on my SCCA CSP autox Miata that has stock internals on a 99 motor.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Great numbers Jimmy! =D>

I'm not really surprised after driving this car in competition over the weekend. It's a real beast.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,664 Posts
Lucky (heck...the first autox of this season around here isn't even until this coming weekend)!

It really shouldn't be a surprise that it makes peak power farther up in the revs. It's still interesting to see!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Lucky (heck...the first autox of this season around here isn't even until this coming weekend)!

It really shouldn't be a surprise that it makes peak power farther up in the revs. It's still interesting to see!
Bryan, the crazy thing is how strong the car feels in the low and midrange. It totally caught me off guard the first time I drove it. Pulling out of second gear corners where my Miata falls flat on its face, this car feels like it's supercharged.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,664 Posts
Jimmy...is the car any different in engine spec from MATG last year when I got to take it for a spin?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bryan-When you drove the car at MATG it had about 130 RWHP with the FREEDOM ECU. Now the car has the AEM P&P with our 4-1 Header and is putting down 154 RWHP which I believe is the the most for a CSP Miata anywhere. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong but the most that I have heard for a CSP Miata is around 150 RWHP. And CONGRATS to Thomas on his SCCA tour win in the car. He was not used to the manual steering and the old tires didn't have much left on them.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
369 Posts
Didn't help that I could barely reach the steering wheel. A pillow helped though. We made it work.

Thanks Jimmy for letting me co-drive your car.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why wasn't the test rpm range the same for both tests?
Just like on the 1.6L test the RB ran out of power and the Dyno guy let off. IMO it's just useless to keep going when it drops off. Like Bryan said no surprise there on the 4-2-1 the RB header is great low-midrange but loses it on top.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Mufasa in Training
32,664 Posts
What this could mean is that if you upped the rev limit on an otherwise stock car (with header), you'd still be making (more) power when you hit the new limit.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the real test i'd like to see is times, as the rb makes better tq and the fuji makes better power by rev limit

how does the 2 headers feel?
The RB header is an awesome header and for autox it will hold it's own. But when you get to a big track like Sebring, Road Atlanta and Moroso our 4-1 should produce better lap times. Also when we add cams,Hi comp. pistons and start porting the head the better flowing header should compliment that. We are still making good torque and our torque curve holds longer.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts