ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now carrying 3rd gen RX-7 JDM Parking Lamps and you can use them as a headlight. Someone may have done it with a OEM bumper like we are doing but I haven't seen it. I know some have done it with aftermarket bumpers. This will be a DIY with cutting and molding. For the type of bulbs I would like for everyone else to pitch in since there are many options. We will be using it on our TIME ATTACK IRTB Miata because it is legal in class and it weigh only 1.5 lbs. for the pair and the OEM w/motor is about 20 lbs. Attached pics are rough because it was to see how they would look and we will be molding it in. I can get chrome also.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I saw it on an NA with a bodykit, and it wasn't the greatest ( Cleanly done, just didn't look right ) . I think it'll look better on an OEM bumper.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've liked the ones that I have seen so far on aftermarket bumpers and I liked them. I think it is S3Racing that has a cool bumper with the lights. Looks & weight savings is what I am looking at. I was wondering what you all would think with the OEM bumber.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
I like 'em on the stock bumper, there, Jimmy! Kudos! =D>

Do you have any shots that are more from the front of the car? I'm curious how that nose looks head-on.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad you like it. Here is a head on shot.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
WOW, cant wait to see your car at the gap If youre going. Id like a ride too :D

Do you lose the turnsignals or high beams with this mod?

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Dammit Jimmy, you went and did it....You stole my idea man! Looks good, how much are you asking for the black set? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
172 Posts
What bulbs are they using. I tring a 9006 low beam in a set of mine and the bulb melted the housing and a hole in the lense in about 5min. I had to buy a new set of parking lights. I run the stock 5watt 194 bulbs in them now.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dammit Jimmy, you went and did it....You stole my idea man! Looks good, how much are you asking for the black set? :mrgreen:
$149.00/set. It's posted on my site. I have family going to Japan in a few weeks so you may save on shipping. Maybe I can do a GB. And Miatanv has a good point as to be careful on what bulbs you use.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
they look good!

also i talked to jimmy and he said they include parking lights only so you would need to install your own lights into them.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I like your Idea better for function Noah. As far as looks go though, these look great. Andrew, again, we were on the same page with this one a while ago lol! Good stuff Jimmy!

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I like your Idea better for function Noah. As far as looks go though, these look great. Andrew, again, we were on the same page with this one a while ago lol! Good stuff Jimmy!
Haha, No doubt Jared. I agree w/ Jake, let's get a group buy going Jimmy :mrgreen:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This was actually brought up to me by my friend from Japan. He says that he has seen it done in Japan years ago. I had the lights for over a year now. Now that I am moving away from CSP rules I am able to do it. And me being a Rotary fan these lights is what makes the 4th gen. JDM RX-7's look so cool. I'll try to come up with a GB(5 sets) and take advantage of my family going to Japan & the window for the GB will be short (until Aug 1st) I should have something on Mon.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
How well does this conversion light up the road at night? I have seen this done, and it looks really good, but seeing is definately important where I live.
Also, just in case it's possible, could HIDs be used without melting the casing?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How well does this conversion light up the road at night? I have seen this done, and it looks really good, but seeing is definately important where I live.
Also, just in case it's possible, could HIDs be used without melting the casing?
I agree lighting on the street will be important. That's where you have to be cautious on which bulbs you use and I brought that up with redux356 and maybe I can get his input on that since his line of work is aftermarket customizing. You will be on your own on what bulb to use so be cautious.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
And me being a Rotary fan these lights is what makes the 4th gen. JDM RX-7's look so cool. I'll try to come up with a GB(5 sets) and take advantage of my family going to Japan & the window for the GB will be short (until Aug 1st) I should have something on Mon.

Jimmy
FujiRacing
I couldnt agree more he he he: my old baby

·
Registered
172 Posts
The oem bulbs are 194 5 watt in the parking lights. You can hardly tell that they are on. The lights are all plastic so I don't think you will have any better luck with hid's then i had with the 9006's. They got really hot, really quick. Some JDM companies like FEED make there own custom version of the lights fitted with hids. I belive they cost around $1000.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts