ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What made you switch from the Freedom ECU to the AEM ECU? That's a huge jump in hp 15hp) just from a switch in ECU!

But nice results nonetheless- it would be pretty unbelieveable if it didn't come from a reliable source like you.
Jesse-Thanks! I still put the FREDDOM ECU on the same level as AEM only difference is that the FREEDOM is in Japanese and if something went wrong for my customer I would have to ship it all the way back to Japan. The FREEDOM that I had was on a base fuel map to run the IRTB's reliably. With tuning the FREEDOM I believe that you can get the same results. Rolo at Central Florida Turbo (Orlando, Florida) tuned the AEM and he is one of the best and that is what he does for a living. He is very familiar with the AEM. I will try to release the video today and you will see that bouncing off of the Rev limiter 7500 RPM's was keeping us from hitting 13's. Tires are DOT BFG 15" Drag TA about 4 years old and yes we have lined up against a few single throttle S2K's with I/H/E and beat them all at the strip. The S2K's are laying down times of 14.2-14.8.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I tried to attach the video with no luck. You should be able to view it on my website. On the Homepage just click Miata IRTB Video's in the right hand corner to take you there.

Jimmy
Fuji-racing.com

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Foo! You've got my O.K. to upload it to youtube.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
280 Posts
A FI car can launch from 2000 RPM's but I know that boost has to build then you brake and it has to build up again and so forth.
A turbo car - maybe. But in a properly setup supercharged car (properly sized blower and well tuned standalone ECU and not piggyback bandaids like Powercard, ELF or Powercard Pro) you get full boost and torque the moment you touch the throttle - the power comes as quick as in IRTB car

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A FI car can launch from 2000 RPM's but I know that boost has to build then you brake and it has to build up again and so forth.
A turbo car - maybe. But in a properly setup supercharged car (properly sized blower and well tuned standalone ECU and not piggyback bandaids like Powercard, ELF or Powercard Pro) you get full boost and torque the moment you touch the throttle - the power comes as quick as in IRTB car
I totally disagree. A coldside or properly sized blower still will not have the throttle response of an IRTB car. Sorry there is no way around it. Drive both setups as some have and they will tell you no comparison. Boost still has to build. You may get more torque down low with a SC but lets see if you can hook up on a lightweight Miata. This year I was looking for a Roots MP62 or a coldside M-45 at a pro solo to line up against with video camera ready to show you what an IRTB car can do on stock internals. Some say well your car is a dedicated race car. I will put my PS and AC back on so you can throw the light weight thing out the door or make it the same weight as a FI car. The numbers are there and about 20 people have driven my car in the last 2 years and they now know what instant response is. Somebody also said that you cannot get low-midrange torque with IRTB's because somebody out west couldn't make it work which was very very odd because the JDM tuners have been getting low-midrange torque for years. My co-driver Bob P. said 2 things that really stood out "Your IRTB car launches harder than my 275 RWHP Twin Screw Autorotor SC and it is the fastest car that I have driven through a slalom". With A/C , PS and stock weight I still believe that my IRTB car can do a 14.0 1/4 on stock internals.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

21 - 28 of 28 Posts