ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. here we go. Since we are wanting to get into the TIME ATTACK events and have to go up against 3rd Gen RX-7's and S2K's the only way that we will have a chance even though very very slim is IRTB w/NOS. The rule does allow for NOS. For now the internals will stay stock (13.9 1/4 mile) with NOS 12's should not be a poblem. The car has never been set up for Drag racing but the 1/4 mile times gives you an idea on the performance. Which kit and what shot NOS? We should be able to share in this next coming week because it is going to happen and it is on the top of our project list. For reference A-RF and Hundred One in Japan has done IRTB w/ NOS.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
you could do what i am going to do and move the injectors to the head and then use the injector spots in the manifold for n2o nozzels

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Jimmy, I would go with Nitrous express. Their solenoids and nozzles are top notch. with a good tune you could run 100 shot on direct port... maybee 125-150 but on a stock motor you would be on borrowed time.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hey Jimmy. What makes you think you need nitrous to keep up with an S2000? You're already running a 13.9 in the 1/4, that's better than a stock S2000. Why don't you just build the rest of the motor? Higher compression, headwork, and cams, I think that'd be plenty of power to be competetive, especially since the NA weighs a LOT less than both the AP1/AP2 and the FD3S.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
its simple really n2o cost a fraction that engine work will. i have over 1k in my head and thats not including labor...i could have bought a direct port kit and had plenty of money for something else and its would make more power then the head work will.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
jimmy is also running a race tune with 18 degrees of base ignition timing add some spray on that and it will be rolling!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My current plan is something similar. I'd say that if you are sticking ti the stock block that a 100shot should be your limit, it is also the smallest shot you can run on a direct port setup so your options are limited.

The beauty part of the AEM though is that it's got all the options for N20 control already there.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you could do what i am going to do and move the injectors to the head and then use the injector spots in the manifold for n2o nozzels
Noah-Looks like we are going to tap on top of the Intake manifold & be closer to the valves.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Jimmy. What makes you think you need nitrous to keep up with an S2000? You're already running a 13.9 in the 1/4, that's better than a stock S2000. Why don't you just build the rest of the motor? Higher compression, headwork, and cams, I think that'd be plenty of power to be competetive, especially since the NA weighs a LOT less than both the AP1/AP2 and the FD3S.
On tight mountain twisties a Miata can hang with those cars. IMO on a bigger track the Miata needs all the help that it can get. Many of you follow what is going on in Japan and last years 2006 Tsukuba Time attack was this off the top of my head 1)Skyline 55 sec. 2)EVO 55.sec. 3) FD-RX-7 55 sec. and I believe the ASM S2000 Naturally Aspirated was in the 57 sec. range. The fastest Miata that I know of is the Hundred One with IRTB + NOS 320 PS/8500 RPM & Torque 35 Kg/6700 RPM doing a 60 sec. at Tsukuba. Maybe someone can correct me on that one? I have been following Matt's project and he will be very fast with a Turbo Miata.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your running 13.9's with ITB's and what?

this is intriguing.
Those that are new to this forum I can say this. My Miata was built for SCCA CSP autocross (Stock internals with '99 motor) and we wanted to see what it did down the 1/4 mile with only 150 RWHP and we put on some DOT BFG's and hit back to back 13.9's and that was it. Last year in Arkansas we went up against last years CSP national champion and he nipped us on his re-run. They had their setup for a couple of years and my co-driver only had 4 events in my car and our alignment was still not up to par and with time who knows how fast we could've been. It gets very expensive to travel to these SCCA events and we were able to prove that we could run with the best so we didn't have to keep going to national tour events. Now it's on to the Time Attack Events since this is where the tuners get to see how good they are and we want to know where we are. We will stay within our limits (adding about 50 HP to give us 200 RWHP) at first & not go crazy because our motor is still stock and when or if it blows then we will build from the bottom end up.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
what if you did this...

run a top feed injector set up and place n2o nozzels in place of the injectors? that seems like more ideal setup since your car is a race car. plus i bet you would see some perfromance gains from doing it.

also the smallest jets i have found for a direct port kit is a 80 shot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now it's on to the Time Attack Events since this is where the tuners get to see how good they are and we want to know where we are. We will stay within our limits (adding about 50 HP to give us 200 RWHP) at first & not go crazy because our motor is still stock and when or if it blows then we will build from the bottom end up.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

Without a plenum you will have a very difficult time running less than a 80-100 shot without custom drilling your own orifices. Smallest I have ever seen is 20. Without a plenum of some sort you are looking at 20 to each cylinder. With a plenum you could run a 50 without an issue.

You could easily run a 100 whp shot on a stock block. Just be sure to pull a lot of timing while tuning until you get the tune set up well. Now the 5 spd might not take it for very long....

BC

1 - 20 of 36 Posts