ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
And it may not be a good idea to put your nitrous nozzles closer to the engine than your injectors. Motors don't run good on just nitrous. They pop.
A wet kit adds nitrous and fuel throught the same nozzle. for direct port the closer to the valve the better.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And it may not be a good idea to put your nitrous nozzles closer to the engine than your injectors. Motors don't run good on just nitrous. They pop.
A wet kit adds nitrous and fuel throught the same nozzle. for direct port the closer to the valve the better.
That's my thinking but we'll see. Raul will be in charge of the install and we'll see what he does since he has many many years working with NOS. Turbo + IRTB works good but I am looking at cost and time with my current setup.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
79 Posts
Make a 1" aluminum plate that looks like the intake manifold flange. Hanh race makes this for extra injectors. It could work ?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you look at the Anniversary racing kit, they use the ports for the red vinyl lines.
We will be doing it jut like A-RF but using the Nitrous Express kit which we will install soon. We have been tweaking the setup in other places first. With unshaved TOYO RA-1's,15x8 Rota RB's and no Nitrous Oxide we lapped Sebring at 2:35 with my stopwatch and the SPEC Miata record is 2:39. On the back straight my driver said that he was past the 140 MPH and the needle was nailed to the Y on the UNLEADED ONLY and the car was pulling. We hope to have a official time at Road Atlanta next month. The flange is also a good idea. I have seen nice ones for Rotaries in Japan. Sorry that I haven't posted lately but I have been busy getting the car ready.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
So you drill/tap the flange because it is thicker and stronger? Please show a picture so I have a better understanding. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
please say you are bringing the NA on the 28th!! I shall be taking some pics if it is there as your project has me intrigued like none other.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The car will be there for MAZDA NATIONAL DAY not only for show but I may even let some drive it and get to see first hand how an IRTB works on a Miata that is sized & tuned right with the right parts. Just recieved my custom cams and after those go in the Nitrous Oxide will be next. I spent this past weekend at Road Atlanta supporting a SCCA driver and his HONDA at the track.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We are still on schedule since the Nitrous Express Nirtous Oxide nozzles are already installed on the intake manifold and can be hooked up anytime now. We will take it to the strip around Jan. because we are concentrating on the REDLINE TIME ATTACK at Laguna Seca Nov.9-11 and we are not allowed Nitrous Oxide for their events.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That's Taka's IRTB/Nitrous car at Anniversary Racing Factory in Japan

21 - 36 of 36 Posts