ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the 3 people that have driven my car over the holiday's ordered and are impressed with our SHORT SHIFTER and I believe that it is a good way to start the New Year with a Group Buy. It will be a clubroadster.net special. $ 85.00 and that is with shipping included to the continental U.S., Hawaii and Alaska. I'll check around to see what kind of shipping we're looking at for our international customers. I have a shipment coming from overseas and should arrive by the first or second week of Jan. 2007. I will honor this price for the first 20 or until the end of FEb. 2007.

Customers

1) Redux 356 1995 Miata

2) Seiji M. 1991 Miata

3) Alan Turbo 1991 Miata

Everyone have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Jimmy
FujiRacing
fuji-racing.com

M

·
0 Posts
Hey Jimmy,

Can you post pix of the parts so we see what it is we're getting?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Looks like a great price for a great piece of hardware (plus, it's less expensive than the B&M unit I got for my last car). I need to dig into the console to replace the upper & lower boots anyway. Count me in! I've got a '92 if it matters...

Why replace when you can upgrade? :D

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Noah, Gumby, Jux I'll include you guys in the GB when I update. AMMendes, The benefits are that your shift is reduced considerably and I use to miss third on acceleration or cornering. I'm sure that many have possibly done that. Now I power shift without missing. It is not as smooth as OEM. I've had trouble attaching pics at times so you can view it side by side with the OEM shifter on my Homepage fuji-racing.com

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
145 Posts
I could be VERY wrong, but I thought that short shifters that actually modify the pivot point hurt the tranny no matter how easy you shift :shock: . So its better for the life of the tranny to only lower the shift knob to shorten your shifts.
Someone please clear this up for me :?

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Lowering the shift knob wont shorten your shifts. It might reduce your throw by an unrecognizable amount though.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I could be VERY wrong, but I thought that short shifters that actually modify the pivot point hurt the tranny no matter how easy you shift :shock: . So its better for the life of the tranny to only lower the shift knob to shorten your shifts.
Someone please clear this up for me :?
If thats the case, why does the Mazdaspeed short throw shifter raise the fulcrum point? Food for thought ;)

People will tell you that though....the same people that make the shifters that just shorten the shaft and do not change the fulcrum. Eastcoastmiata for example...thats what they claim, yet there are no definate links to info that prove that, they just say "...Unlike other short shifters, that change the fulcrum point, all you are doing is asking for trouble when you do this. Read some of the horror stories on Miata.net about shifters like this."

Essentially its just a lever, seems to me the only way you can hurt the tranny with a short shifter is if you shift too fast, wearing out the synchros. Its a shorter throw, but that doesnt mean you should be shifting with the quickness at all times. You still gotta let the engine speed drop to the apropriate speed for the next gear.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
boogie van-I agree with what you say. Ben-I haven't seen all the short shifters out there in person so I can't comment on if another manufacture has the same design. I always check this forum so those that want the short shifter I have your name down, sometimes I am slow updating and I apologize for that. Those that want to pay by money order or cashiers check you can take $ 5 off the price.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

1 - 20 of 59 Posts