ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We already proved that we have the fastest accelerating SCCA Solo 1 CSP NA Miata on stock internals that hit 8.9 sec. 1/8 & 13.9 sec. (150 RWHP) in the 1/4 this year. Now that we are commited for the SUPERSTREET MAGAZINE TIME ATTACK event. We will try to qualify this year in the LIMITED Tire 100 tread class and if not we will continue until we do. I would like to share our build. Our goal is to get the car weighing in the 1800lb. range and over 200 RWHP. I will share step by step on the mods. What I have listed is what I will be using and as I am getting sponsors I will share the other mods as we go.

1995 Miata

Tuner:Raul Rodriguez

RWHP: 200 +

Weight 1800+ is our goal

Driver: I will release that info. at our Road Atlanta qualifying event Aug. 11-12 event.

Engine:'99 Head/'95 Block FujiRacing 1.8L 45mm IRTB's with 43mm velocity stacks.
80mm or 90mm Air horns depending on the track.

Clutch: (Our Sponsor) SPEC 1.6L Clutch Kit. Aluminum PP & 3 or 4 Puck disc.

Flywheel: FujiRacing 7.2 lb. Cro-moly

Wheels: Rota Slipstream 15x7.5

Tires: NITTO 225-45-15

Carbon Fiber Hard Top: Axis Power Racing

FujiRacing Adjustable Carbon Fiber Rear Wing (Prototype)

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
171 Posts
Jimmy, I wish you all the luck in time attack. Your formula for light weight car and IRTB is a combo that can't be beat nor ignored. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i've drove a crx @ 1984 w/ 200hp w/ gsr motor that reved to 9 grand for auto-x.

its probably going to feel somewhat similar and its going to be a beast.

the miata will lose its street car status?

·
Registered
668 Posts
My spec miata before cage but gutted in prep for cage/class was 1900. :) 1800 will be light.. and probably a little tricky to get to.. I know a friends DM miata was a seat/cluster/roll bar and it was 1750.
So you can get 200hp w. a high comp, good flowing head, ITB's, and a EMS? hmm very interested in hearing how this is done!?
I wish those SCCA EP guys would share their setups.. they have some screamers!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Good Luck Jimmy!

If you can qualify at doar atlanta, you will definately raise some eyebrows. The NT01s won't land you in the street tire class for SS's event, but maybe you can qualify on them? If you want some set up help, let me know. Those NT01s are scary fast with no tread. If you shave them to 3/32nd, by the end of the weekend, they will be thier fastest.

Good luck! I look forward to not being the only miata at this years event! You are going to make the trip out to buttonwillow if you get in, aren't you?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pics will be added as we go.CF wing will be on the car with pics at the Aug. 11-12 Road Atlanta event. On our 1.8L the 200 RWHP will be achieved with Nitrous Oxide which is legal in the TIME ATTACK event. Our goal is to qualify so that we can go out to California. Calif. is a beautiful state and I would like to meet many of the people that will be attending the event. If we do not qualify this year we will keep trying until we do because that is my goal to give the Miata as much exposure as we can for the great car that it is. I know Matt is already doing that and I am rooting him on. I agree with Matt that if we can get a good lap time at Road Atlanta then we will raise many eyebrows. We are trying to qualify for the Limited 100 tread class. Last years 1st place NSX did a 1:38 and a M3 did a 1:39. SPEC Miata's with great drivers are doing 1:44 with about 115 RWHP. Our car will be lighter with 200 RWHP. E-Production Miata I believe can do a 1:36? SPEC Miata this year is 1:42 on a repaved faster surface. We will just have to try and see what our lap times will be.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
482 Posts
Jimmy are you bringing something for us to see at MATG this year?! I got to meet one of your happy customers this weekend while I was at Hyper-Fest

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
http://www.arrc-online.com/ra_laprecords.html

No e-prod times but here's the most record data I could find.
Thanks! Great info. The times that really caught my eye were these cars BMW325 1:39,CRX SI 1:42,RX8 1:42 and SPEC Miata 1:44 and believe me these guys can drive.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts