ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
PCI already has the measurements. I've pushed them to make mounts for the Lotus seats but he hasn't done anything yet.

-Henry

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I'm hoping he makes something soon. I just bought Lotus seats and I'm gonna need mounts.

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
coming soon, for all of the COT wing crazies out there...our version of the COT wing. Tweaked a few dimensions to get it just right.

-Henry

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Current width is at 63". This will mount the same as my first wing design, to the frame of the car. It will use the endplates as the stands.

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
updating this thread. Something we're working on....Control arm spherical bearing kits:

-Henry

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Do you offer the NA front airdam on the 1st page? I could just make it myself but i would prefer something nice and cut out with precision rather than my janky handmade cuts. Just need the actual airdam itself, i can figure out the mounting

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I was going to offer them CNC cut and everything, but with the availability of HPDE plastic rolls for less than $20 and the majority of people DIYing them, they would not be reasonably priced. I believe last time I priced it out, it would be at least $40 a piece.

-Henry

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
damn I didn't even see that! I thought I was just competing with ISC. that is for the rear knuckle no? The way I have mine drawn out, the bearing is held in place by 2 snap rings in an aluminum sleeve. In reality, there's only a few ways to do a spherical kit for the control arms...

ISC's

PCI

-Henry

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
Ours use a steel sleeve with a stepped bore. One snap ring.

We looked at doing full spherical but it was cost prohitive. So we're doing delrin instead.

Auroras are too expensive. I am about to be testing some QA1s tho.

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Ours use a steel sleeve with a stepped bore. One snap ring.

We looked at doing full spherical but it was cost prohitive. So we're doing delrin instead.

Auroras are too expensive. I am about to be testing some QA1s tho.
Well I have no interest in doing delrin, so you won't have any competition there :icon_cheers:
I will be using Auroras in these, so price will reflect such. Have you looked into using McMaster-Carr's spherical bearings?

-Henry

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
Nope. We have one test car with auroras. A year of some street and track use. No issues at all. I'm testing wa1s. And it's my primary street car+10 events a year. So I should know how the QA1s stack up soon.

What's the price on the McMasters? And how are you holding the sleeve in, we use either welding or loctite 638 (I think)

Were also not really in it for the profit. So competing with paying vendors is unfair. We just like giving back to the community where products don't exist yet.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Well I have no interest in doing delrin, so you won't have any competition there :icon_cheers:

-Henry
Talk to me about a full kit when you're ready. I don't have a single Kazespec part on my car. :(

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
61 - 80 of 81 Posts