ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a little less than 2 years my son goes off to college leaving me and the new wifey free to move where ever we want.
So I'm looking for input on 2 things what neighborhoods are good with good schools (we have an 8 month old girl) and what neighborhoods to avoid like the plague - we'll be bringing a pair of BMW's, a Porsche 911, and a Miata with us and I don't wanna get pegged as the rich guy in the neighborhood.
Basically looking at Tampa, St.Pete, and/or Sarasota in the $250K to $400K price range - I have noticed some serious housing price drops as compared to prices from 2 years.
I was going to ask on TRforums as well but didn't feel like wading through the jackassery.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I can vouche for upper Sarasota being decent, probably a bit pricey though. Hit up the East side Miatas of Tampa Bay forum too, Randy (PhatMiata) lives in a pretty decent neighborhood as well as a few others. Tampabaymiatas.net

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Register on our local site and ask the same questions in a thread there. We have a few members who are either in, or have been in, the real estate industry and could advise you.

http://TampaBayMiatas.net

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
winlowe, humming and i say welcome back!!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
currently I over by Rome and Fletcher
the wife is working for USF
and I recently started a contract with TECO

also currently renting

looking to buy this summer somewhere in Lutz near Countyline Rd
or maybe Brandon area if we don't find anything

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thinking about it, I believe I will wait till Thanksgiving or Christmas or maybe just have the car shipped from VA.
After driving down here in the monsoon season last summer I think i'll skip doing that again.
Hydroplaining a full 35ft moving van with car in tow over and over was not fun.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also: 5 minute long traffic lights, seriously Hillsborough county? what sadist thought that crap up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts