ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Well it's either steel or aluminum stock. They are awfully light though. I'd guess the oem are aluminum, but... Do you have a magnet? Done and done.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most fenders are just steel either painted or primered.

Only galvanized ones I have seen would be trailer fenders.

·
Supporting Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stock front fenders are aluminium.
I thought this also for a long time, but a magnet stuck right to it just now, and I know aluminum isn't magnetic at all unless they used some kind of weird mixture of the two... But I'm sure that didn't happen.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea, the stock fenders are steel. I think if there is any difference, it'll be the specific alloy of steel you're getting. That's pretty hard to check, besides a simple weight comparison to OEM.

·
Supporting Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, the stock fenders are steel. I think if there is any difference, it'll be the specific alloy of steel you're getting. That's pretty hard to check, besides a simple weight comparison to OEM.
Can't be much of a different then. There all pressed out the same so I'm sure these will work. Thanks for the help fellas.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
if you do buy them i recommend putting some por15 or some rust preventor on the inside so you can sleep sountly at night! not sure about the out side, since i dont know what its like trying to paint over that stuff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts