ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
FWIW I tried driving over every train track/pothole/bump on my route home after work to see how much the Miata doors rattle and honestly I didnt hear a damn thing. My car is a 100% stock NA6C with FM Strut bar and GarageStar hardtop brackets. I dont know if the soft OEM suspension just absorbs the bumps instead of transmitting it to the chassis like stiffer coilovers would or my door rubber bushing is brand new or what.

This is just my observation. I really like all of GarageStar's products and was almost about to purchase these but now I may use my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
So you are offering a before opinion/observation with no after..... :suicide: ..... one can't rule out the possibility that there are some miatas out there that don't experience the same issues but the majority says otherwise. :dunno:

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
FWIW I tried driving over every train track/pothole/bump on my route home after work to see how much the Miata doors rattle and honestly I didnt hear a damn thing. My car is a 100% stock NA6C with FM Strut bar and GarageStar hardtop brackets. I dont know if the soft OEM suspension just absorbs the bumps instead of transmitting it to the chassis like stiffer coilovers would or my door rubber bushing is brand new or what.

This is just my observation. I really like all of GarageStar's products and was almost about to purchase these but now I may use my money elsewhere.
Every Miata rattles, if you can't hear it someone else can.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Am I the only one that is concerned about these putting more stress on the door hinges? If they do actually increase stiffness, that load has to transfer somewhere?

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

·
Murse Magnet
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Am I the only one that is concerned about these putting more stress on the door hinges? If they do actually increase stiffness, that load has to transfer somewhere?

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

They aren't increasing stiffness so much as they are preventing the door from moving excessively up and down. It seems to be using the door cup more as a stiffening than the door hinge that was previously only supporting it. If anything I would imagine it would help prolong the hinge but what do I know.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Yo dawg, if yo **** too small you don't need a bigger ****, you need a smaller hole.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just ran across Revlimiter's review of these today and have to say I'm awfully tempted. I'm just having that itch to do something small and this seems like it should fit the bill nicely.

·
Taste cannot be bought.
3,032 Posts
I get this strong feeling these are only magical on NAs and NBs. Damn. They were miserable in my NC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a lot of rattles coming from the front of my na that the bushings didn't eliminate (might try the fender braces for that).
The door does sound more solid when I close it and it made a big difference for my friend's nb.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
i could believe that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got mine installed. Driver side was simple. Passenger side required sanding/Dremel modification. Nice pieces, and the quality hardware was a nice touch. About to go for a test drive!

·
Google me.
164 Posts
You can actually get a more effective result without the door close / sanding effort. Mod the stock parts by just squeezing the cups. Winds up quieter than the hard blocks.

I tested the KenAuto Hard Blocks Using a dial indicator zeroed out on a car jacked at one end of the rocker's pinch weld...the other end with the DI is not affected when you open the door. You just see the weight transfer effects of the door as it opens further and further. So it is basically a noise / vibration / harshness thing and not an actual structural thing as some claim (which is fine). The NVH does give the subjective effect of making the car seem more solid. You don't need to purchase anything to get those benefits.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I could believe that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can actually get a more effective result without the door close / sanding effort. Mod the stock parts by just squeezing the cups. Winds up quieter than the hard blocks.

I tested the KenAuto Hard Blocks Using a dial indicator zeroed out on a car jacked at one end of the rocker's pinch weld...the other end with the DI is not affected when you open the door. You just see the weight transfer effects of the door as it opens further and further. So it is basically a noise / vibration / harshness thing and not an actual structural thing as some claim (which is fine). The NVH does give the subjective effect of making the car seem more solid. You don't need to purchase anything to get those benefits.
Hi sjmarcy :fab:

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts

Best post. Glad everyone else is enjoying their placebo blocks.

·
Google me.
164 Posts
Best post. Glad everyone else is enjoying their placebo blocks.
Hard Blocks are not placebos. Just saying that even more NVH benefit is possible through other means. Doing modified stock avoids the fitting issues so many face. And you wind up with less noise in the higher frequency ranges (measured).

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Hard Blocks are not placebos. Just saying that even more NVH benefit is possible through other means. Doing modified stock avoids the fitting issues so many face. And you wind up with less noise in the higher frequency ranges (measured).
I agree 100%. I should have noted that I was only referring to the structural rigidity claims. Thanks for the validation!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts