ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Garage Star rear differential mount bushings will be made out of Delrin. The Garage Star Delrin bushing will replace the stock rubber differential mounts. This will limit drive train movement and improve shifting. The differential bushing will fit 1990-1997 and 1999-2005 Mazda Miata’s.

http://garagestar.com/shop/rear_diff_bushings.html

Price will be $55 per set (two) shipped within the USA and $72 shipped anywhere in the world

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
Hmmm how hard is install
I will email but won't be able to buy till next month?

·
RISE OR DIE TRYING
157 Posts
Is this per bushing or for the set?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Killer stuff being pumped out of GarageStar. Another awesome product, guys.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
So this will come complete with a delrin upper and lower half right? Will it include a metal insert for the bolt?

Im in.
Should be all one piece. Press it in. Reuse the lower oem "cup/plate" piece. Shouldn't need a metal insert for the bolt. I suppose I should let GarageStar answer questions though. I could be misleading. :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
They will be one piece , When installing rear differential mount caps tighten them until the metal part of the caps touches the new differential mounts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Should be all one piece. Press it in. Reuse the lower oem "cup/plate" piece. Shouldn't need a metal insert for the bolt. I suppose I should let GarageStar answer questions though. I could be misleading. :p
I get it.

Not having a metal insert for the bolt would require tight tolerances though for the bolt hole though no?

And if theyre not tight wont there be a problem with the delrin wearing away over time? Although I guess thats expected.

I could be wrong though, I only have experience with delrin in regards to paintball gun internals, which have completely different levels of loads applied.

·
Super Moderator
2,754 Posts
I already sent you an email to be on the notification list, I can't wait for these to come out since diff mounts have been on my maintenance list since last fall when I noticed one of them looked shot visually. You all know how maintenance goes in the winter with no garage though, it doesnt't lol.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts