ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garage Star Type I and Type II license plate brackets mounts to the front stock tow hook (baby teeth). License plate brackets are made out of stainless steel to ensure no flex at high speeds or hitting cones at auto X. Mounting plate are 1/8″ thick stainless steel for a solid mount and to prevent rust. All hardware is stainless steel.

Pros

- No need to drill into your front bumper
- No need to cut up an old license plate to create a side mounting bracket
- Full air flow to the radiator
Mounts to the stock tow hook on most cars
- Fits most international license plates
- No front license plate tickets! It will save you a $25-$140 fix it ticket. Don’t give the cops a reason to pull you over.
- Brushed finish

Type I bracket is available for both diver and passenger side. Please specify when ordering

Forum special pricing
$35 for License plate bracket. Free shipping within the USA
$52 shipped anywhere in the world

(Baby tooth adapters are $10 extra)

For special forum pricing email me at [email protected]

Type I

Type II

·
Registered
493 Posts
dam i gotta get a front License plate !!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
dam i gotta get a front License plate !!!!!
You really should. Not worth the hassle of getting pulled over. Offset plate looks pretty cool anyways.

I just got a front plate after not having one for a few months. It's only 19 bux at the DMV and they hand over a new plate, registration and replacement stickers on the spot. (after you hand over your old rear plate...which sucks if it was vintage)

Just emailed garagestar about a type I bracket. Currently my plate is zip tied all ghetto like.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You really should. Not worth the hassle of getting pulled over. Offset plate looks pretty cool anyways.

I just got a front plate after not having one for a few months. It's only 19 bux at the DMV and they hand over a new plate, registration and replacement stickers on the spot. (after you hand over your old rear plate...which sucks if it was vintage)

Just emailed garagestar about a type I bracket. Currently my plate is zip tied all ghetto like.
really 19 bux wow

i got pulled over many times i just say " what its not there? i think it fell off dam not again........... " or i have it at home i just bought the car or i havent put it on cuz the bracket i bought hasn't arrived yet.. so fare its worked...... but for 19 dollar might as well

·
Registered
638 Posts
I got the Type 1. Didn't have baby teeth I found out during install, and wound up just bolting it right to the bolt point on the front left 'reverse of Mazda logo'. Looks clean, thanks for the Plate!

Same reason, pulled over.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm having a little bit of a hard time picturing the differences between the type I and the type II. Is it an NA vs NB thing, right vs left, the Type II mount lower, etc?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Height is the same on both brackets. Type II is mainly used for NB's so the plate doesnt cover the fog lights or really wide international plates like Australian plates.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I might be picking this up for a project. I have my old C6 front plate mount and want to reuse it since its a nice piece. I wonder if the GStar TypeII will screw into the back nicely. It's just a bunch of plastic.

Looks like this. The whole point is the have a finished plastic backing look instead of just the bare metal plate hanging there.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it will work with that plastic trim

I might be picking this up for a project. I have my old C6 front plate mount and want to reuse it since its a nice piece. I wonder if the GStar TypeII will screw into the back nicely. It's just a bunch of plastic.

Looks like this. The whole point is the have a finished plastic backing look instead of just the bare metal plate hanging there.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've gotten a few emails questioning how it mounts. Here are a few photos of it mounted to a stock tow hook (baby tooth).

·
Registered
441 Posts
hey garageSTAR, is the first picture of the "type 1" bracket a driver side or a passenger side? I have an NA.

I ordered one just like if from you a couple months ago (vanity plate didn't come in yet still..) and I was hoping to install it to my driver side.. Can it be mounted to both sides?

Let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First photo is for the drivers side. If you want a passenger side make sure to put that in the notes when purchasing.

hey garageSTAR, is the first picture of the "type 1" bracket a driver side or a passenger side? I have an NA.

I ordered one just like if from you a couple months ago (vanity plate didn't come in yet still..) and I was hoping to install it to my driver side.. Can it be mounted to both sides?

Let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The latest batch of Type I brackets that I received this week I slotted the bracket so you can bring the bracket closer to your bumper.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hey Ken, I just paid for my Type 2 after you sent me the invoice on paypal. paypal has the wrong address though.

i emailed you about it, can you ship it to my school?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Packed up and ready to go out tomorrow. You should see it within 2 days.
Hey Ken, I just paid for my Type 2 after you sent me the invoice on paypal. paypal has the wrong address though.

i emailed you about it, can you ship it to my school?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts