ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Garage Vary tail light panel that has single round tail lights. The other day I came across a Lotus Evora. It has single LED tail lights that appear to be very close in diameter to the GV tail lights. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any specs on them or any help on Lotus talk.com. I was looking for a diameter with and without the outer chrome ring and the depth of the unit. It also has a single round LED back up light and a single round LED rear fog light.

Has anyone looked at this as a possible conversion?

I’m also looking for a wiring diagram to determine voltage to the units. The following is a link for a supplier in the UK who does not have any in stock to measure:

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=1874&MAK=1&MDL=20&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Regards,

David

·
Registered
933 Posts
U might wanna search in lotustalk.com or ask but gl with ure search

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think the elise has the same parts. And the LED tails are desireable/interchangeable with the older elise ones(?), so the price is gonna be silly, like many many hundreds of dollars.
They are most likely 12v unless lotus chose to do something different for the sake of being difficult (oh wait, british car company :woolery:).

It's probably very possible but it's gonna be $$$.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
This is a good idea. When I had my NA I wanted to do the GV with cobalt SS tails.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'd consider CJ jeep tail lights. There are LED ones out there, my friend has some.

You would need some kind of reflector setup to make them halfway legal, I suppose.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not yet. I was hoping to find a US dealer with a set in stock. Lotus dealers do not have a part locator system. Found a UK on line parts dealer that sells Lotus OEM parts at a reasonable price. The on line price was cheaper than the US dealer price at jobber mark down. Unfortunately they did not have any in stock to measure. I guess I'll have to get out to a Lotus dealer and measure myself. Tried the Lotustalk web site with piss poor results.
If I find the Lotus tail lights with the chrome rings are too large to fit the GV panel I may make a duplicate to cut up. Anyone have any thoughts on how to make a fiberglass copy of my GV panel?

Regards,

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts