ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my first plans for the Miata was to get the factory lip spoiler, but I've been seeing the GV lip on quite a few cars. I like the GV lip a lot and had some questions before I decide to get one. Has anybody has serious ground clearance/speedbump problems with this lip, or can it be avoided by driving over speed bumps sideways?

*Has anyone tried the GV lip with Flyin' Miata springs?

Also- who would be the best people to buy them from, and what do they usualy run for?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
mine is pretty low, but not as low as I thought it would be. I have only scraped once, and even that could have been avoided if I had slowed down just a little more.

Its the perfect height for me, rarely scrapes, looks low as hell. look in the sticky thread for pictures.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think you will have a problem. The FM springs aren't that low. The lip is very strong as well.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Yeah. It's strong all right. Had an accidental run-in with a possum last night @ ~40mph :shock: Not a scratch (to the lip at least :lol: ), just had to wipe off the excess possum :p
Thats good to know! If anything I figured some sort of roadkill would be the one thing that could kill this lip.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've got the eibach pro-kit springs and it has only scraped once nd that was due to not taking the proper angle on a very steep entrance. Not a mark on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts