ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for more pictures of the garage vary cage. I have sorted through my collection and havn't come up with any. Maybe some of you have one or two?

Here's what she looks like.

thanks!

-Paul

·
3,542 Posts
Looks like it won't fit with a hardtop, does anyone know for sure? :?:

Edit:

Found the answer:

ROADSTER version R basic 7 point system 84,000 - as for roadster version R, there are no times when hindrance is caused to opening and closing and getting on and off the software and the hardtop and from the A pillar left and right, it is the roll bar of 6 point types or more which pass through both sides. Strength increased from the former product (by NA NB correspondence) from the A pillar left and right, by passing through both sides, made further body rigidity UP and hard travelling possible.
And you can spcify stainless steel or aluminum! :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:06 am]that cage wouldn't be legal for any class here in the US. Its interesting looking. But I suspect for the price, you could find somethign nicer here...
What part of it do you see that wouldn't be Legal? I don't know a lot about the requirements.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Agree with the thought of that being a really sturdy cage. Full bolt together some fucky design and just my opinion but that thing is hideous looking. Your car is waaaayyyy to clean to be putting that funky ass bent bar in there... Please don't!!!!

I would imagine in a roll or sometime if anything hit the front a pillar bars with any force its already prebent to basically just collapse. It even has the hinge where it mounts to the main hoop already for it to just be tweeked down..

Looks gross imo
design is the only one like it(for a reason im sure)
seems like a cheap setup just built so you can get in and out alot easier... Wouldnt expect to see that from a bigger name company.. :|

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't even plan on doing SERIOUS racing with this car so being complient with all the rules dosn't matter to me because they won't apply... This car is more my daily driver then my track drift, gymkhana machine. But I want to protect myself better and stiffen the chassy(sp?).

I really enjoy the way this cage looks and think it will provide everything I want a cage to do in my car.

Matt, I really apreciate your input on the safety aspects. Thank you.

-Paul

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
who made you spelling police? :p

In all seriousness, if this is mostly a street car, for saftey reasons I would avoid a cage. without a helmet, that thing would kill you in an accident. I don't care how much padding you have on the thing. I am going through the same issues with my car right now with the cage. I installed a seat with head restraints to lessen the chance of hitting the cage without a helmet. But my car seems to only get driven to and from the track.

I totally understand the coolness factor, but just imagine that thing hitting you in the head at 60 miles/hr. or worse, folding in around you in a rollover.

Matt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts