ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I picked up a 1991 British Racing Green Miata with only 17,000KM a couple months ago. This is my first Miata. I've already done a few modifictions to the car. I'm going for a classy stock kinda build. This car is in showroom condition. When I got the car I did a few things first. Changed oil, clay barred, waxed, fully detailed the car inside and out. Took off some rear Miata emblem for a cleaner look. Took out the stock soft top. Looks much cleaner without and I'll never use it. Couldn't believe how much it weighed. I also took the car to a paintless dent removal guy. For $300 he took out about 6 small dents around the car and about 8 small dents I put on the hood myself not knowing the hood dents so easily because its aluminum. I was closing the hood with my hand and putting small finger inprints on the hood. That bugged the crap out of me. He took out all the dents and it's smooth as silk now. I slam the hood from the air now lol

I was orignally going to go with suspension and wheels first but I've decided to do the interior first. The wheels I want will always be around. The interior pieces I want might be discontinued sooner or later. I'm a very picky person. This will be a slow build. These are the area's I will start in first.

1#Interior. Almost finished. Parts aquired or on order. Rev9 seems to be my favorite place to shop at :)

Parts Installed.

-NRG Short Hub
-NRG Quick release
-Nardi classic wood steering wheel, 330mm
-LED license plate lights
-Projector reverse lights
-cerwin vega speakers
-Garage Star Type 1 license plate bracket
-Garage Star whiper cowl
-Garage Star Radiator Cooling Panel
-Rspeed R-Package Front Lip Spoiler Miata MX-5 OEM Style
-Rspeed Miata Hood Lift kit Dual
-Tri Beveled Miata Vent Ring Set of 4 polished by Rspeed diamond tooled

Not installed, yet :D

-KG works Retro Rear View Mirror
-RS Products Retro Center Console. Black outer and inner centre. Tan arm rest, tan e-brake, tan shift boot. Ordered just like Blue Potatoe's centre console. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7154/6667336165_f1c064bf42_o.jpg
-Nakamae Seat Belt Covers
-REV9 OE-Style 1002 Pedals
-Poleposition Key Blank
-Beatrush Shifter Collar
-Raked Shorty Antenna
-Glove Box Organizer
-Factory Style Sill Plates by ILM
-MiataRoadster short shifter kits (MR-SSK-5-S)
-Arc shift pattern plate
-RS Products Light Bulbs blue
-Carmate Wood Car Lighter
-Replacement spray Nozzle's on hood
-Beatrush red tow hook

What I still have to get.

-RS Products Classic Meter Panel Type-1 in black(same as KG works cluster)
-RS Products Gauge Faces Type-MG
-AWD Needle Caps for 1990-2005 Mazda Miata

2#Suspension/wheels. These are the parts I will be getting once I'm done interior.

-CCW Classics 16x9 fully polished, with gold ARP hardware. 3" lip rear 2.5" lip front. Exactly the same as dan's setup except 9" not 9.5". Already was intouch with him about them.
-BC BR Racing coilovers
-Racing beat tubular front sway bar
-Racing beat sway bar end links
-Beatrush Rear P.P.F. Bar
-Superpro Offset Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
-Beat rush front and rear sway bar (if there still around when I'm ready)

3#Performance

Haven't put much thought into this yet :)

When I got her.

Stock interior.

Vent rings and Nardi wheel installed.

Wiper cowl and rad cowl installed.

Garage star license plate bracket installed and R-Lip.

Just some pics of it how it sits today.

I tried to see if these fit. Sadly they don't :( I paid a good penny for this. They were going to go into another car but that project never went ahead when I found this awesome car :)

So far thats it. I'll keep this updated as I install new parts :D. I absolutely love this car.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Re: My almost brand new (17,000km) 1991 BRG build.

Looks like you're off to a great start! That parts list you have looks pretty great too, but it'd look better with them installed ;)

·
This is a long user title
3,206 Posts

Damn dude! I thought it was a For Sale thread hahaha.

Oh, awesome build, can't wait to see it finished!

·
Registered
178 Posts

It appeared you BRG had been re-sprayed. Front bumper is missing the MAZDA sticker; and the front tow hook was over-spayed with green paint...

·
Registered
285 Posts

I also have a first gen miata (1996, also a BRG coincidentally), and the front badge is held in by two pins (not adhesive). So when I removed it, it exposed two nice little holes.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Not sure what u mean. Maybe a US thing? I havent seen that on a Canadian vehicle. Pic?
im from the uk and have a Eunos. My badge was attached with 2 small legs, when i smoothed my new bumper to have it badgeless i had to smooth the badge holes over.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Finally got some of my goodies from Rev9 :) Kind of crappy pictures. When I recieved the KG Works mirror it was cracked, wich sucks :(

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Can't wait to get these installed. Just need a few more things for the interior (and 1 thing replaced lol) and I'll be finished with the inside :mrgreen:

·
Registered
238 Posts

I like where you are going with this BRG...simple and clean with the right retro looking parts will take this up there

·
Registered
325 Posts

Looking good so far keep it up! And as far as the shifter plate I think the more forward position is best. Because the ebrake handle will cover it in that first area you posted

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Looking good so far keep it up! And as far as the shifter plate I think the more forward position is best. Because the ebrake handle will cover it in that first area you posted
Ah crap I forgot about the E-brake, good point lol :icon_cheers:

1 - 20 of 263 Posts