ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my motor yesterday morning. And this morning on my way to work my temp, oil pressure, and tach dropped off. The lights still work in the gauges. Any one know what the deal is? My miata is a 94 1.8 if that helps any

·
Registered
862 Posts
I hate to ask such a simplistic question, but when you say "wash your motor" how exactly and with what chemicals are you using?

·
Registered
104 Posts
For starters there's likely water in your plug wells. Did you use a pressure washer or a garden hose? If you used pressure you have to be a bit more careful when blasting electrical parts. Dry out the plug wells and just drive the car, the rest should just fix itself in time.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
If I'm not mistaken aren't those all off the same fuse? Did you check them? You could of have had a short and popped it. Might be a good idea to just let the car dry out with the hood open for awhile.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Used a hose. Mean green degreaser. Where's this fuse you speak of yea my hoods been open all day at work. I did my best not to spray the electronics on the back of the motor

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and my signals don't work now either... FML

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If water got in the dionagstic box would it cause all that?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally figured my problem with my gauges apparently when I added the wedge bulbs to my turn signals a wire came loose and shorted out then popped a fuse, or it was bc the reverse switch for the lights on my trans wires had got pulled bc of ride hight and shorted out. Either way I got my gauges, turn signals, and reverse lights going again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts