ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This is a long user title
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own an 1991 miata, I'd like to know if I could change my green lights (from the speedo, rpm, etc) to red or orange lights ??? I think it would look like 100x better !

Has anyone done it ?

Thanks,
-Max

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yes, see the pics in my Gallery. Click on the icon below.

All you have to do is switch the bulb covers from green to orange or red.

Orange actually looks way better than red. Red is too red, if that makes sense.

You can order the bulb covers on PartsExpress.com

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=3

Scroll down to the bottom half od the page for the bigger covers. I'm not positive if those covers are the right size.

My guage faces came with the covers.

·
This is a long user title
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, I think this has been answered a little lower. Sorry, please mods close this !
BTW, if I do it, I'll post a DIY with pictures :mrgreen:
Any idea of red bulb covers I'll have to buy ?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Oops, I think this has been answered a little lower. Sorry, please mods close this !
BTW, if I do it, I'll post a DIY with pictures :mrgreen:
Any idea of red bulb covers I'll have to buy ?
See my post above!

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts

I got mine from MX5Roadsters when they used to offer them. Came with face plates, and red covers, and replaced eveything. I actually really enjoy the red :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have the AWD gauges and A/C Panel. I also switched out the bulb covers per Tim's suggestion for the hazard/popup switch and the A/C button.

The problem I'm having is the dimmer, foglight and cruise switches. They all have a green film on the backside of the buttons and clear bulbs. I can't figure out how to remove the film. It seems like its a coating and not a seperate piece of film. Anyone know how to remove the green stuff?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back on that, BR. I may have some free time this weekend to give it a try and I'll post the results here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts