ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought and maybe this is something for next year - Wanting to see if any of you would like to get together at the gap (TN) in October for a 2 day gathering and runs through the mountains - while the weather would be prime.

Thinking of any of you who were at the Gap in July (Scott, Kyle, Bryan, Chris, Jason, Rich, et al) plus anyone else who missed the Miata/Gap event this year to join.

I thought the RoadsterChat people have a run in April and October - so we would need to see if there is any other groups or leaf-viewing traffic that may be there at the same time and not bump elbows (if that is possible).

This may also be a good opportunity to unveil the "4-Throttle-Brew" from my basement
:wink:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I would absolutely love to go but I will be minus Roadster for the next 6+ months (big plans a brewing) and it's my only car. I hope everyone who attends this meet enjoys the fall foliage and twisty roads.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Kyle, Depending on the weekend, you're welcome to come along with me (we'll pack light) and you can co-drive my car and feel what a 1.8L feels like :) Never hurts to have a passenger to keep you awake on the long drive home...

Though my cornering may suffer :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
<whine>You mean I'd have to drive all the way to Deal's Gap? C'mon! That's, like, an *hour* of driving. I can't do *that!* </whine>

I'll be there.

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we can do this year or next - I saw phin's post on RC about the canadian biker league will be swamping up Hwy129 - I am just having a craving to get out and drive in cooler weather.

Would like to make this an annual CR.net meet if possible - possibly east coast one year, west coast the other.

·
Registered
211 Posts
mmmm... if I weren't already going ot canada for vacation in sept, I'd be down. But really, I'd rather have the turbo back in first.

Spring?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I could most likely make it this year.... defenitely next. Give me a more concrete date for this year and Ill let you know. October would be A GREAT TIME TO HEAD TO THE GAP!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have yet to ever make it up to the gap - the farthest out i've been on a mountain run is to brasstown bald with the georgia sports car club guys and up above blairsville with the rennsouth crew. i'd be up for a day trip, but an overnight trip would be harder to swing this fall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts