ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The shift knobs, drift buttons and the dip stick handles can be anodized black, there will be small extra fee as custom orders, estimated 2$-4$ per item.

I suggest to group the custom orders until Sunday, after prepayment they will be ordered for anodizing and sent out next week.

As about postage from Europe - it normally takes 6-8 days, UPS 5 days delivery or next day delivery are also available, just let me know your preference with the order.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Er... Can the drift button be normal by just installing the spring? Or is it only good for drift use.

It looks great, I want one, but I'm sort of a grip guy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oddly fast shipping from GB to USA. It was like 4 days!

Thanks again for this awesome piece!

@72bacon, Also the button should be normal with the spring, the oem button works without the spring, the only issue is pulling it out to activate the gears for the ebrake cable. Order one, great quality fit and finish!!! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I need two of the three items already so I may a well make it a trio!!!

Can you PM me a price including one sport model shifter knob, one drift button and one dipstick topper shipped to 34711? Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Also for those wondering, the shift knob is nice and heavy.

Comparable sized knobs from taiwan etc do not bear the weight that these do. The quality of the aluminum is generally the reason why. It actually feels like a stainless knob because of the said weight.

Thanks again guys and keep up the great work.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oddly fast shipping from GB to USA. It was like 4 days!

Thanks again for this awesome piece!

@72bacon, Also the button should be normal with the spring, the oem button works without the spring, the only issue is pulling it out to activate the gears for the ebrake cable. Order one, great quality fit and finish!!! :D
Cheers, buddy!:)
So happy to hear about this fast delivery time and your positive impressions!

I had to test fit my drift button to confirm it works without problems with the spring (why shouldnt it?:)) and yes, it does just like the stock. Left my spring inside actually, might take it out on a track/drift day as its 1 minute job.

make a stainless steel version of the knobs for extra heavy?
These are feeling heavy as they are quite massive in real (50mm ~2 inches in diameter). Stainless is heavier and more difficult to machine than alu, the price is expected to raise. But if there is real interest for heavier stainless, limited batch is doable of course.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The knob arrived yesterday and I must say its a very nice piece. Decent heft to it, just right in my opinion.

My garage is poorly lit so the pictures are grainy but you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Many more options available in the meanwhile...

The very ergonomic shape of the Type R knob adapted to an MX5 thread and gaiter match and developed for lowest possible fit. Mazda made the shifter short, we made it even shorter now!:)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts