ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the interior installed, the gauges are in but not wired, the interior lights are in a box in the garage waiting to be installed, the steering wheel is in, the top is sitting in mizzphinz's office and the roll bar is on back order. Here are the latest pics.

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
looks great, the le interior looks in amazing condition... now if I only had a black or white mx5, I dont think my mariner would look good with red interior

·
Registered
514 Posts
nice interior. Red and white are a good combo IMO. What gas cap is that?

-Jeremy

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the KG Works fuel lid. I'm probably going to paint the center white eventually.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hoooly crap, is that Woody?????? @[email protected]
+1

How many "looks" have you gone through. I still remember the green stripes at DG.

BTW, you know I'm droptop, right?
I recognized your car, Droptop, and figured it had to be you. When I saw Tejas, I *knew* it had to be you. :D I've gone through a few different looks, as well as graphics. The past 3 years of MATG have seen Woody with hood graphics. She's had the stripes, no stripes plus chevrons, and no stripes/no chevrons. Teme Krispy Kreme/No TKK. Stock wheels. Stock wheels/lowered. TSW rEvos in 16". Panasport 15s. Tan interior with no rollbar. Tan w/HDSSD. Now the red w/no rollbar, which will change once the new rollbar is in. :D

·
4,436 Posts
Man - you just literally put the bar higher. Way to go Scott - looks incredible! I hope you stay with the pannies or something similar.

That sucks about the SS bar on backorder - I was planning on ordering one, but the wait is toooooooo long. Maybe after gap.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Looking good. I still have a ways to go on my LE Swap. I forgot to connect some of the wiring and had to pull the dash back out again :(

Will you be cutting those precious tower trim panels, top boot and carpet for the roll bar install :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking good. I still have a ways to go on my LE Swap. I forgot to connect some of the wiring and had to pull the dash back out again :(

Will you be cutting those precious tower trim panels, top boot and carpet for the roll bar install :)
If you look closely, I have black towers and kick panels in right now. :D

I will be cutting the carpet, and I know how to modify the boot without permanently damaging it, so I'll be doing that. I'll eventually put new Wilton Wool carpet in, but this works for now.

·
2,708 Posts
Outstanding!

I've always loved the red interior/white exterior look, a la S2K. Nice job on making it tasteful. A center surround other then the stock one would set it off more, IMO.

What she got under the hood to justify them there gauges?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jackson Racing s/c under the hood.

My only issue with a different center surround is it might be too much. With as much bling as I already have, changing over to something like a stainless surround would just overpower the rest of it. That's the main reason I went with the black steering wheel and utilized an extra polished horn button holder to give it a little shine.

I'm waiting on some polished slider knobs for the a/c, and am thinking about having Dan at RideRage powdercoat the DDM radio/gauge holder in satin black to make it blend in more and make the gauges stand out. I also really need to get a leather boot for the brake handle, because it looks like crap bare like it is. I had a tan one on it for so long that it looks strange to see the plain plastic on it now.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought about making some Nielex-type toggles, or doing something to set off the buttons and tie the two vents together. With the polished sliders I think that would look really good together.

I'm running Panasports in 15". They're rough. One of my projects before MATG is to clean up and/or paint them. The headlight lid is now in primer. I'm sanding it tomorrow, adding color coats and then clearcoating. It should be ready to rock by next weekend.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts