ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys (and girls!), I wanted to invite any interested members of ClubRoadster to join the new Miata/MX-5 club in Gainesville, FL.

www.gnvmiatas.net

Started by a few Miata guys that want to meet other Miata enthusiasts! Please share any of your local experiences with shops, talk about local road race and autocross events, and buy/sell/trade Miata parts locally!

Any questions? Please join and start posting on the forums! We hope to have our first meet by the end of July, so stop on by and say hello!

Thanks and I'll see you there! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Nice to see someone is starting something there. I lived there for 8 years and the local miata club was a bunch of old farts that meet to eat once a month. Is the alehouse car meet still going? I heard they started to move around in different areas because cops were becoming assholes. GL with it man. I'm surprise you didn't include some sort of gator in the logo ;). Not a sports fan but that defines Gainesville.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to see someone is starting something there. I lived there for 8 years and the local miata club was a bunch of old farts that meet to eat once a month. Is the alehouse car meet still going? I heard they started to move around in different areas because cops were becoming assholes. GL with it man. I'm surprise you didn't include some sort of gator in the logo ;). Not a sports fan but that defines Gainesville.
Yeah, that miata club isn't meeting anymore. The Ale House meets still go on, but you can't blame the cops if some of the guys are being idiots and having drifting races in the parking lot and getting into fist fights. If you know anyone still in the area, shoot them to us! :icon_cheers:

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Nice! I just organized a TallyMiata meet that I will be posting up about. I'm sure we can put aside our differences of Seminole and Gator and come together sometime!

Check out the Events section of TallyImports.com for meet info and the other weekly/monthly meets/races/events we put on!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey how's it goin? I'm the creator of gnvmiatas.net. Do you live in the Gainesville area? We sure would love to have as many local members as possible!

The old club was very unorganized and just not a lot of interest in all that. I have met with the previous leader and he's now a part of the group as well.

This group is for the young and the old, whatever you're into. I put together a nice site to organize meets, rides, photoshoots, whatever so I welcome you to the club!

-Scott

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks man, but like I said I'm out of Gainesville. Now I live in Hollywood Florida. I still have a rental property there, so if I go some day I'll try to look you up for a meet or something. Once you guys start hooking up a good idea is to sign up for the open track at Gainesville raceway road track. They once in a while have test and tune road course there. Worth to check it out, mind it will be difficult to find out since they don't post the events in their website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts