ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time for a project page!
i bought my nc i lovingly refer to as "go-kart" june of last year.

i took photos of it.

and then i canyon ran it.

and then i smashed it.

then i had some special time with it.

then i took the meep-meep out of it.

then i bought some wheels and tires for it.

then i got ideas for it.

and then i canyon ran it again.

then i worked on ideas for it.

and then i grill painted it.

now i just drive it. but soon i will hard top it and roll cage it.

then i shall track it :mrgreen:

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I'm diggin the intake and foglight location. How much air actually reaches the intake though?

·
Registered
165 Posts
everytime i see a even slightly modified NC it makes me want one. looks good for sure

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Huh, I never knew it was there. Guess you could use one of the stock fog holes and route some tubing from there to the intake.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I took my girl for a local miata run last weekend. That was her first time face to face with an NC and she instantly told me that she wants one, only in red, lol.
Good looking NC you have there, keep up the work and good luck with the rest of mods.
BTW, I saw an NC with M3 hard dog roll bar with the petty bar recently, looks like a great choice for a track day, unless you have a passenger.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well... you wont be getting any updates from me for a while :)

so ill fill in the photo blanks.
cut a whole for the fog switch. one day ill route the wires in a cleaner way then the damn door.

did my own [very first] oil change along with swapping out the transmission fluid for motorcraft brand transmission honey.

rut-row...

took off the engine lipstick too

ordered some 5mm spacers for the rears. for what ever reason my car has always had the front wheels push more out than the rears. and with the wider tires it just looks goofy. it will be a while before i install these since ill need the fenders rolled...

last full photo before it left the nest.

oh yah...

·
---
520 Posts
Nice, Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How involved is removing the soft top? My dad has been wanting to remove his for months.
nc? the plastic parts are the worst of it. MANY little hidden finger pop screws. and kind of a pain to wedge out of where they sit.

as for the top mechanism itself... well you will have to wait for moti to chime in.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so you cut the panel doors?
yes, they are cut. looks bad ass from inside. and... thats the only time i really care.

how its going to be cover?
the bare interior? not 100% yet, but i was just going to get some carpet layed out there.

your hardtop it the goodwill rancing one?
yes. fits right, light as anyone could hope for. i got some plastic dip to give it a temp UV block while i prepare to get the thing painted for real.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MOOAAARRR PHOTOS!

the hard part

door bars

rear view

seat travel, awesome

needs more low...

im still building up driving impressions since the install. right away i noticed how much more the horrible los angeles freeway system build quality is being dealt with. pavment gaps, expansions joints and bumps are now non-events. prior to the half cage all those things would trigger reactionary wheel adjustments.

the only downside is it showed me how out of whack my alignment is.

strangely go peddle stabbing is also much better then i initially though. on-ramps just seem more... forceful than before. and 5k surging feels rock solid compared to the previous state.
: 3gears:

oh, and the diagonals make for a great right hand resting spot for reversing!

1 - 20 of 294 Posts