ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
What motor is that? the 300zx one?
It's either the RB20det or the RB25det...I'm leaning more toward the RB20det though
it could be either. I think they both have the same block castings and I think the .5l difference is because of a different bottom end rotating assembly and a slightly smaller combustion chamber... but I could be wrong. nissan gurus, chime in?

btw, Lesisbetter, the engine is from a Skyline GTS-T.

I wanna see this thing flogged. :twisted:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice!! definatly a pain to work on..props to the guy thow

Its a RB20DET btw...notice the NISSAN twin cam 24valve

the RB25's have Twincam written very small and 2500 and nissan very big :)
didn't know the difference, thankx for clearing that up for me.

I've driven a 240SX with a RB20DET before, and if this miata runs anything like that, hes gonna have some power comming out the ass :shock: :twisted:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would have def done an SR for ease od replacement and affordability.

The RB is rad, but I am a bigger fan of the SR. Its cheaper and bad ass, althought he TQ from the RB must be rad..

Andris- the SR and RB are out of the BP leagues. The BP is OK, but it has nothing on thos nissan models. Either the SR and any RB can sit at 300 whp all day long with minor mods and no cooling issues..

I must say, there is no room though and I would also hate working on that tight engine bay, but I could deal with it as I drift the entire Irwindale Bank with it ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have a friend that is sitting a RB 20 in his skyline with a shot water pump too..

With good engine management 400hp can be done in any of those engines also.

The CA18 is also awesome..

I said 300 because that would be the cats ass in the miata in my opinion and not have to worry about the **** ass drive train we have..

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I'm thinking RB20 as well.
I don't see the markings on the timing cover for "2500" so I'm guessing its the 2.0L. Which actually suits the Miata better, imo, b/c the RB20 is a rev happy engine, where as the 25 and 26 are a bit lazier in the rev dept, but still great engines nonetheless.

Its a nice swap, but man it'd be pimp to run the AWD system!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Very nice!! definatly a pain to work on..props to the guy thow

Its a RB20DET btw...notice the NISSAN twin cam 24valve

the RB25's have Twincam written very small and 2500 and nissan very big :)
didn't know the difference, thankx for clearing that up for me.

I've driven a 240SX with a RB20DET before, and if this miata runs anything like that, hes gonna have some power comming out the ass :shock: :twisted:
no prob...everyone likes a little useful info every now and then

21 - 38 of 38 Posts