ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. Early next month I'll be in Tokyo and Kyoto on vacation. While I'm going to experience the culture, sight see, and enjoy the mood of the country, I would like to check out some auto part stores and see some auto gatherings. I know about Autobacs, but are there any areas of either of these cities that have a dense concentration of parts stores?

Also, are there any popular meeting places where people gather with their cars?

Thanks in advance.

·
4,438 Posts
Wow! Thats great - make sure to take a bunch of credit cards, a digi cam so you can show all of us here what you did and your company UPS/FedEx account nuumber for shipping all your stuff back.

Check http://www.open-inc.co.jp/rcoj/ for all the events coming up!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
In Tokyo I would check out Howars and Crystal. They are both cheaper than Super Autobacs.

In general, whatever you are trying to buy, it will take them several days to get it. So make sure you go shopping as early as possible. That way you still have time to go back and pick up the parts.

Oh yeah- make sure you lose your gf/wife's luggage on the subway or something- that will free up some valuable luggage space so you can carry your rims/ suspension back ;););)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Tokyo I would check out Howars and Crystal. They are both cheaper than Super Autobacs.

In general, whatever you are trying to buy, it will take them several days to get it. So make sure you go shopping as early as possible. That way you still have time to go back and pick up the parts.

Oh yeah- make sure you lose your gf/wife's luggage on the subway or something- that will free up some valuable luggage space so you can carry your rims/ suspension back ;););)
Hah, must do that. Do you have a website for those places you mentioned?

I'm planning on picking up a bunch of stuff. I'm hoping I can grab a bunch of small things too that I would never order because it just wouldn't make sense (ARC keychain, decals, small stuff, etc.) to pay all that shipping.

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
if you want to go to a superautobacs i would recommend the tokyobay one aka shinonome
from jr shibuya station go to oosaki, then take the rinkai line bound for shinkiba

here is a map: just show it to the front desk at their hotel...they can give you a better map and explination
http://www.sa-tokyobay.com/info/map.html

also a few stops before that is tokyo teleport and odaiba if you go to that place on the weekends they sometimes have car meets on the rainbow bridge side of odaiba at night its called "decks" also if you go to the otherside of odaiba to palette town they have megaweb which is toyota's auto gallery.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Hah, must do that. Do you have a website for those places you mentioned?

I'm planning on picking up a bunch of stuff. I'm hoping I can grab a bunch of small things too that I would never order because it just wouldn't make sense (ARC keychain, decals, small stuff, etc.) to pay all that shipping.
Buy a current Options/Options2 magazine- you'll see both of those companies' ads in there with their current sales and promotions. You can show the ad to the hotel concierge and he'll tell you how to take the subways there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
How about going to Car Make Corns?

Take the Toei Shinjuku Line to Ichinoe in East Tokyo. Walk 10mins north along the main rd, and you're there! It's the green line on this map:
http://www.bento.com/subtop5.html

If you want a "general" parts shop, after you're done at Car Make Corns, take a cab north along the main rd to www.carshop-nagano.co.jp in Katsushika (15mins give or take). I find that they're a little cheaper than Crystal Auto, but remember, they take cash only!

After you're done at Nagano, walk nth across the river on the main rd, then head 2 blocks north west. That's Aoto station....or just buy lots of stuff at Nagano and ask nicely if they'll drive you there :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here's some pics from my trip there last yr...

Goodies for sale at Corns:

Carshop Nagano and goodies inside:

:D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts