ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
There are quite a few sponsors that don't reply to emails. And if they ever do, its days to weeks later. Always call first and email second. I find when you call businesses they are also more willing to give you discounts than doing online transactions.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Update, I got $90 back from 949racing. Not as much as I wanted (its $95 for lines) and I didn't get any of my shipping back. But I guess that's all I'm getting. I won't be buying from them again.
Look, don't be all pissy cause you missed the notice about the brake line backorder. That's been up there for a decent amount of time.

Emilio is fucking awesome. He always responds to my emails and my calls within 24 hours...and I bug him a decent bit. I've ordered 4 or 5 different times from Emilio and every single time the parts have shipped same day and arrived within 3-4 days; and I'm in Florida!

I think you really need to accept that you made a mistake here and move on with it.

·
Administrator
15,183 Posts
Look, don't be all pissy cause you missed the notice about the brake line backorder. That's been up there for a decent amount of time.

Emilio is fucking awesome. He always responds to my emails and my calls within 24 hours...and I bug him a decent bit. I've ordered 4 or 5 different times from Emilio and every single time the parts have shipped same day and arrived within 3-4 days; and I'm in Florida!

I think you really need to accept that you made a mistake here and move on with it.

To be fair... the notice was not on the item page when the order was placed. That's been added with in the last week and a half i believe. I was looking at the same item about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
While 949 is awesome overall... if email is not an effective way to make contact, then it shouldn't be listed on the site. If a phone call is the only way to get a timely or helpful response, then that's the only contact method that should be listed on the site.

The end.

Just some constructive criticism, as this isn't the first, second, or thirteenth time i've seen a complaint about poor communication via email with 949.

GoMiata can suck an entire herd of chimps.
Exactly

i'll pile on here...
gomiata is notorious for being shitty. there is one person you can speak with there who seems to be helpful when these threads arise. i would email kay... [email protected]

as for 949/emilio, i've placed two orders from 949 and received both in a timely manner. what others are saying is true (from what i've seen, not experienced) in that you should call him. i understand he's not that responsive to emails, but every time i've needed to call, he answered.

gomiata is unfortunately a vendor here and i think that makes the forum look bad. hahaha. oh well. this isn't my business.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Actually that notice was not on there. I ordered the brakes on 17 Feb. I'm not even pissy because there wasn't a notice but because it was WAY after I got and installed what was sent that I was even notified that the lines were on back order. No effort was made at any point prior to notify me. And I was charged the full amount and it took over 3 weeks to get a partial refund. Overall this is below average at best.

·
Registered
268 Posts
GoMiata screwed my order, one and done for them. I had a great experience with 949 and will be ordering from them again in the future. I never had issues contacting them by phone and they were very helpful when my card was getting declined (went above my limit).

·
Registered
88 Posts
took 6 months for my coilovers from gomiata to ship. even though they told me they would ship in 2 weeks. My advice is dont order from them. Not worth the stress.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well this was shady AF but I got them to cancel it.

I called the number that @phillyB posted. I spoke to Shane. First he said that it was shipped on Friday but they didn't give me a tracking number. He asked why I wanted to cancel and I said its been 11 days. I said I already did my other suspension upgrades and aligned it so its now an inconvenience.

Then after 2 holds he comes back and says its supposed to ship today. Once I told him to cancel it he was very quick to hang up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
+1

Emilio has always been quick to respond to my emails and phone calls and my orders have shipped quickly.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Well this was shady AF but I got them to cancel it.

I called the number that @phillyB posted. I spoke to Shane. First he said that it was shipped on Friday but they didn't give me a tracking number. He asked why I wanted to cancel and I said its been 11 days. I said I already did my other suspension upgrades and aligned it so its now an inconvenience.

Then after 2 holds he comes back and says its supposed to ship today. Once I told him to cancel it he was very quick to hang up.
Someone needs to pile all these posts together and get ahold of who ever is incharge of that place. This isn't the first time by a long shot shitty service is also followed up by a shitty attitude. I would honestly pay more elsewhere than ever give money to that place, good thing for me their prices also suck haha.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Weird how a while back (last year) I bought a steering wheel from gomiata and actually got it within a week or two. My only experience with them but its been good. Wouldnt try again from everything Ive read on here. Does anyone buy from them anymore? makes me wonder how theyre still in business.

949 has been good, bought a slave cylinder and extended clutch line and it arrived in a week.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts