ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apoligize in advance to the mod if i am allow to post this or not.

So recently i have been looking around for a new clutch package and came across http://www.gomiata.com/comamist2grc1.html STAGE2 COMPCLUTCH kit "WITH FLYWHEEL KIT" i thought that it was a good deal so i ordered the item from gomiata

One week later my order has came in only to find out that it was only a clutch and no flywheel kit

So i gave gomiata a call on friday, the person who i spoke too told me that he will give compclutch a call and see what was the reason they didnt send me the flywheel and i will recieve an email with the follow up

Monday -came around...still no call no emails....

Tuesday- i decided to call them back and was told that it does not come with a flywheel kit and it was a typo, if i would like to purchase a flywheel from them it would cost me another 2xxdollars to get one

AND now i just looked at their website and they STILL HAVNT CHANGED THE TYPO!

SO if anyone eles is thinking of buying this product from gomiata jst thought i let u kno that it WILL NOT COME WITH A FLYWHEEL like THE AD SAID IT would just thought you guys should kno before anyone eles buy it and gets screwed like i did

WIll i ever buy anything from gomiata agian ? i think not.:suicide:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Did they offer a refund? You obviously purchased the clutch kit thinking that it came with a flywheel. It didn't so they should either pay for the flywheel and change the typo or offer a refund. If they don't that's EASY grounds for a lawsuit.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they offer a refund? You obviously purchased the clutch kit thinking that it came with a flywheel. It didn't so they should either pay for the flywheel and change the typo or offer a refund. If they don't that's EASY grounds for a lawsuit.
Gomiata vustomer service rep "the best thing we can do is order u a flywheel from compclutchand it will be addiontal 226$ (their cost) no refund was offered

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
That is a bunch of BS. There are laws against false advertising. Make sure to get a screen shot ASAP. They should be doing something to correct this issue.

When I worked at Costco if there was an error in our signage we had to honor it, no exceptions, until we pulled all the product and corrected the issue. I remember the stupid bakery one day labeled everything $.01. Was a nightmare to deal with.

This is absolute **** customer service. I don't know why anyone continues to buy from them.

Order through the vendors that produce the parts, not the guys who tax other companies and represent them horribly.

It would also be wise to contact the clutch company if things don't work out. I know I wouldn't allow my vendors to act like this.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a bunch of BS. There are laws against false advertising. Make sure to get a screen shot ASAP. They should be doing something to correct this issue.

When I worked at Costco if there was an error in our signage we had to honor it, no exceptions, until we pulled all the product and corrected the issue. I remember the stupid bakery one day labeled everything $.01. Was a nightmare to deal with.

This is absolute **** customer service. I don't know why anyone continues to buy from them.

Order through the vendors that produce the parts, not the guys who tax other companies and represent them horribly.
Screenshot already taken i will give it a couple days and if they stilll arnt gonna do anything im pressing charges

·
Registered
40 Posts
>CompClutch Mazda Miata Stage 2 Clutch With Flywheel Kit 1994-2005
>With Flywheel Kit
>Includes:
* Pressure plate
* Carbon kevlar disc
* Pilot bearing and throw out bearing
* Alignment tool
>All of my whats.

You think they'd notice a mistake that large. Either add in flywheel to the includes section or remove it from the title.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
>CompClutch Mazda Miata Stage 2 Clutch With Flywheel Kit 1994-2005
>With Flywheel Kit
>Includes:
* Pressure plate
* Carbon kevlar disc
* Pilot bearing and throw out bearing
* Alignment tool
>All of my whats.

You think they'd notice a mistake that large. Either add in flywheel to the includes section or remove it from the title.
Dude tell me about it i got screwed big time never again

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
**** GOMiata. I never ordered from them thankfully. Don't puss out, stay on top of this OP. If you paid with debit or CC I would start a dispute right now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Why is gomiata still in business? I had several lengthy issues with them just from a single order. They are a middle man company. Most things they sell don't even come directly from gomiata. I would either file a lawsuit for false advertising or send the product back for a full refund. Their customer service is ridiculous as well. Something needs to be done about that shitty half assed company.
/rant

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Yeah **** that place. I'm sorry but they're basically on par with hardparked from a few months ago. I understand a small company making a typo and not being able to be down 200 bucks. But this place has a terrible track record and has been constantly fucking up..

Pretty shitty if you ask me. I'd do a chargeback asap. Hope you have that screen shot.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
there are a million gomiata threads, but this one irks me the most.
get a flyin miata happy meal and you get clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and clutch tool for ~600...
**** this bullshit for an extra 200+ for a flywheel from a shitty source.
makes me sour.
**** gomiata

1 - 20 of 85 Posts