ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Cool retro ad. I know the "killer fish" is a Barracuda, but the wild horse is what, a Mustang or a Charger? And what kind of car is the man eating tiger? Jaguars and Cougars maybe? I'm not sure if they're clssified as "tigers".

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thats a great ad, vw has always been good with their ad campaigns

·
Who's down with OPP?
256 Posts
Cool retro ad. I know the "killer fish" is a Barracuda, but the wild horse is what, a Mustang or a Charger? And what kind of car is the man eating tiger? Jaguars and Cougars maybe? I'm not sure if they're clssified as "tigers".
How about a Sunbeam Tiger?

I've wanted a Ghia since before I could drive D:
The only Ghia I ever owned was before I could drive. It was a '71, iirc...red with a black vinyl top (not a 'vert) and an auto stick. My dad bought it for me when I was 12. It was meant to be a project car that we'd have up and running before I turned 16. It just sat in the back yard, untouched for years. Later, my parents gave me a BMW 2002 (still too young to drive, but I drove it around the back yard). For my 15th birthday, because of my love for air-cooled VWs, they gave me a VW Squareback with a manual transmission. Then, when I was 16, because I struggled to learn to drive stick in an old VW, I got a POS '84 Mustang with an automatic. That was only the second or third worst car I've ever had the misfortunate to call my own.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Karmann Ghia's do not cruise at 80 MPH, at least stock they don't.
My '69 Ghia started needing serious flogging past 70.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My '74 Karmann Ghia would cruise at 80 mph no problem when it was stock.

I miss that car.
coule of reasons for that;
-the 1600cc motor did not appear in the Ghia's till 1970 so mine was a 1500cc
-in 71 the transmission gearing changed to a 3.875:1 ratio on the manual, and a 4.125:1 ratio on the autostick. Top speed is now reported @ 86mph/138kph with the manual, and 83mph/134kph with the autostick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts