ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I went to make the car payment on my 93 Nissan 240sx the other day I noticed that the car lot had a NB Miata sittin on thelot. Got to talking to my salesman and he dropped the price to $9000 from $9995 and said that they would in house fiance me again. Went and test drove it and god some more info and would like some thoughts other than my own. Its a 1999, 5 spped, LSD, Silver, 74,100 mi, one owner car (female owned), all stock. Gimme some feedback on this as I may try to pick it up here in the next week or so. Thanx in advace.

M

·
0 Posts
Its a 1999, 5 spped, LSD, Silver, 74,100 mi, one owner car (female owned), all stock. Gimme some feedback on this as I may try to pick it up here in the next week or so. Thanx in advace.
thoughts on NBs...

99-00 = better head than NA and before 01+ VVT crapola + 2nd cat

99-00 = nose still had a "smile" mouth shape before they ruined it with sharp corners 01+

99 had some motor issues due to block not made to hold thrust bearings properly. Check Miata.net FAQ or solomiata.com for VIN # range of problem cars.

01+ had better seats

5 speed is better unit than 6 speed for drift

:mrgreen:

·
3,857 Posts
I know it was probably a great offer - but one of my friends did buy a 01 for 4900 :shock:
So if you look around you can definately get a better price than 9K...

·
Registered
343 Posts
is a car being female owned a good thing??? I think id pass just for that reason unless you have seen the service records or you know the woman who owned it.

No offense to you ladies out there, but all the women I know don't even know what engine oil is let alone where to check it.

Id say have the car checked over really well and take Bills advice about the thrust bearing issue. If all checks out and your happy with the condition, buy away my friend

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
is a car being female owned a good thing??? I think id pass just for that reason unless you have seen the service records or you know the woman who owned it.

No offense to you ladies out there, but all the women I know don't even know what engine oil is let alone where to check it.

Id say have the car checked over really well and take Bills advice about the thrust bearing issue. If all checks out and your happy with the condition, buy away my friend
Exactally

A week ago I was looking into a 99 NB owned by a woman who ran it out of oil and blew the motor so she was selling it for $2000 #-o

·
Supporting Member
46 Posts
It sounds like you are going to a buy here, pay here place. If so, you will get raped on the car price and the financing. I wouldn't put much thought into the "female owned" line, either. The car was probably purchased at an auction and the salesman knows little of the history, other than the name of the previous title holders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts