ClubRoadster.net banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I know I can wire these up using the factory harness in each seat. Is there a special (proper) way I should go about doing it so I don't 1) short anything out 2) ruin my factory harness.

I'm not much of an electrical guy so I need a little help :oops: Thanks in advance

If you short out your speaker wire you'll just stop hearing any music at all. And once you fix the short, the music will come back. It's not like you'll blow fuses or anything.

Years ago, I had the music suddenly stop on my 97. But if I slid the seat all the way back, it would come back. So I took the seat out and poked around. The headrest speaker wire on the driver's seat had become caught in the seat slider teeth. It got all mangled. When I untangled and taped the wires, I never had a shorting out problem again. So I ran the speaker wire up into one of the holes in the bottom of the seat pan, along the bottom of the seat, and out the very front of the seat cushion. Never got the wire caught again.

The wiring is pretty forgiving. Don't be afraid.

I didn't think it would be a daunting task by any stretch. I called a friend yesterday who professionally installs car stereos to ask and see what tips he had so I could do it myself. After a few minutes of talking, he offered to do it and said he'd charge me the cost of a six pack to install them, so I figured why not :woolery:

I can't tell you why some people say CW's are crap, but I can tell you I have them and really like them. They go way too loud for what I use them for, so I can't see any downside to them. Personally, I use them for rear fill, so they are turned way low. They fit without issue, the can handle whatever I throw at them, and they sound good. (Highs are pretty bright and they don't bog with reasonable bass levels. I have crossed mine over for safety's sake) You will only find a handful of people who say they are crap, so I'd say as in many things such as this, it's safe to side with the majority.

I'm running a cheap alpine deck, cheap pair of pioneers for the doors, headrest is stock and 1 10in skar in a bazooka tube and I swear it sounds killer but I am looking to swap the headrest stocks which led me to this website

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.