ClubRoadster.net banner

"good mechanic" as rare as a unicorn

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  renesisdrms 
#1 ·
yes, this is like a joke like saying a virgin h**cker or like something that only lives in our fantasy like the unicorns etc... :mrgreen:

It's a long story but I'll try to make it short:
->7:15am Hand the keys+ACT Xtreme+MS engine mounts
->11 Phone call to his wife "Is everything going OK? I just called to check and tell to George that if he feels that heeds to change anything over there there is no problem I can pay extra"
->12:30pm 2nd phone call to his wife "Can you please tell George to to use Mobil transmission oil I can pay the extra"
->4pm 2nd Phone call -> No answer
->5pm 3nd Phone call ->No answer
->...
->6:00pm 7-8th phone call no answer
->6:15pm I arrived there:
George "You are not my friend, you didn't tell me that the car has issues, that it has a SC, I was trying to lift the engine and I couldn't and then the header bolds had stuck there and I had to cut the header(?) ...and this and that... I NEED $80 more :shock:
Initial price $250+60 so $80 is more than 25% more!!!
I'm giving him $60 and I'm leaving the garage...but the car doesn't sound like before...sounds more like a beetle :mrgreen:
I'm calling him the next day to tell him that I gave you a miata and I got a beetle...I'm giving him a ride but he can't hear anything...
Back to the garage where he can't see/hear any exhaust leak...so I'm leaving like that :cry:

Next week I'm removing the SC to see if there any problem to the header bolts...everything seems OK...SC back and the problem persists

...so today I'm trying to change the gasket (exshaust manifold with the pipe that connects to the cat afterwards)...and OMG

This guy did the worst work I ever seen and he did it to my car!
Briefly
->He removed cut the stud from one of the bolts
->He reused the same gasket (that's so minor really)
->He welded(?) and somehow destroyed the surface of the the contact areas - it's not smooth anymore
->He used a way smaller bolt inside (there is a huge gap all over the hole)
->(minor) But I don't know how and why he used an old beaten bolt =D>

This guy is the worst f*cker ever =D>
I just wish I had him in front of me now...along with my baseball bat
Enjoy the pictures...

See less See more
#3 ·
Check this out, look how he ruined the threads of the hole......what hole this is not a hole anymore...I don't want to say what is this now :mrgreen:

#4 ·
and now check out the bolt that he used...he probably found it in the bottom of the ocean =D>
What the heck it's ok the heck with the extra $80 he asked since he used top quality products :mrgreen: =D> ..oh I forgot to tell you guys e also told me "I have my oil...if you want to use mobil change it latter" :mrgreen:
What I was thinking, really what?
Baseball battttttt :twisted:

#11 ·
Guys thank you for your support, by the way I do everything by myself but I couldn't do this one...
I tried to fit under my miata, with the car on jackstands but I didn't have enough leverage to unbolt the screws :(

#15 ·
When I first got my car I had to take it to a garage as the clutch was slipping. The garage replaced the clutch but didnt too a great job of putting the exhaust back together and I had the Beetle effect too! But it took another TWO times for them to repair it properly so it didnt leak!! The noise was so obvious but they couldnt be bothered to do a simple job properly the first two times!

Even worse is that the clutch began slipping again 2 weeks later - turned out to be the rocker gasket leaking oil onto the clutch..... :roll:

#18 ·
+1 for Hector at R-Speed!

I wish either I still lived in Atlanta or I could clone Hector for a shop down here in FL.

I do almost all my own work, but I have called Hector on occassion for help and he always comes through!

Shout out to Hector!! =D>

#19 ·
I also heard very good things about R-Speed but hey it's really far away!

#20 ·
UPDATE:
OK I fixed it!
It wasn't as easy as it looked because the f$$$er had welded in the header hole and as a result the hole wasn't round anymore and the proper size bolt couldn't fit.
So I had to use the dremel to cut the hole but there is no space there...
Which means that I had to remove the pipe that connects to the CAT...the problem is that this pipe has the O2 sensor that you have to remove but I couldn't because I didn't have the special socket... #-o
At the end I managed to pull the pipe as much as the O2 sensor allowed me and I managed to drill open the hole...
Two new gaskets and a lot of torquing latter and the car breaths as it should...healthy and loud :)

FYI
The Mechanic (in case you are rusted bolt collector)
Is George at the
SPORT IMPORTS in North Hollywood

If you have a baseball bat with you while you are there send him my greetings :)

#21 ·
dude, on ur story. thats fu&8ed up. being that u've modded ur car, the guy should've charged u straight time (dealership term) for your service. looks like u got it n da ass haard. thats wrong to lower all mechanics..... well, i guess thats why they're called "backyard mechanics". **** like that happens at a non-ASE shops. and you paying... you shoulda reported him to B.A.R instead. i hate hearing stuff like that. that gets me! i highly suggest u get him in trouble, don't let him slide man. he broke some rules and he should've never let you drive out in less of a condition than how its brought in! that a big liability factor.fu k, i h8 shady mechanics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.