ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
50 years old?? He should know better... And being an MG owner too... He should have plenty of experience;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
hydraulic seals break all the time. especially when you dont take care of the jack and maintain it. what was the extra 30 second to put a stand under the car? Use an old rim or firewood! I feel scared when i dont have the stands under there.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Saw this on Jay Lenos Garage.

Another 'why the **** didn't I think of that?!' product...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I cant imagine this happening to one of the super slammed maniacs in the other thread. They would be dead. No chance at all.

Wouldn't that Body Guard be very annoying when you try to get to tight areas, need to use a grinder, ...move around!

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Sheesh...starts at $649...I paid $650 for the 90 Miata that is in my driveway right now...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dayum. I always thought when jacks fail, they just start leaking slowly... you would have 2 seconds to gtfo of there. Guess not.

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
Same sorta thing killed a S2K owner a few years ago.

That creeper is pretty cool. If I spent a crap ton of time under a car I'd invest in one of those. I think my life is worth at least $650.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Almost happened to my friend, He had his s2k jacked up as high as it could go on the diff and a friend was suppose to put jacks under but he didnt hear, happened when he was doing his exhaust and to get it aligned he had to literally throw all his weight side to side to move exhaust the whole car was shaking and surprisingly jack held up but every time I jack up my car I think about that moment and put jacks under and check twice.

·
Supporting Member
142 Posts
Jack stands cost $20 and take almost no time to put under your car. I never work under my car without them. It just doesn't feel right, I honestly don't know how people do it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts