ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for a buyer/seller feedback forum on m.net and this site, but there isn't one. I'm going to be ordering the Bossfrong Clearview today, and I'd like to get some feedback as to the experience people have had from ordering from this company. Do you recommend another place to get it from?

I did a quick search for "goodwin" on m.net and didn't see anything. I don't even see a search function on this forum..?

Thanks,
-Charles

·
3,857 Posts
All the Boss Frog roll bars are getting shipped from Boss Frog (they don't have them in stock).
Btw Brian (Good win racing) is an awesome guy - just not awesome enough to be a sponsor here :( L. Let him know that we said so :)
Anyway I highly recommend him!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max_Power @ Sat 16 Dec said:
All the Boss Frog roll bars are getting shipped from Boss Frog (they don't have them in stock).
Btw Brian (Good win racing) is an awesome guy - just not awesome enough to be a sponsor here :( L. Let him know that we said so :)
Anyway I highly recommend him!
Is there a way to order directly from BossFrog? Thanks for the response!

EDIT: Also, does anyone know an ETA of how long it takes from ordering it to having it at your door?

·
Registered
592 Posts
R*SPEED FTMFW!
If not Joe then Eddie(Adrenaline Racing)
Support our sponsors!

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you want details on Full Bore's negative experience with Brian Goodwin, please PM him.

***Edited by Tim Allen - FB, please provide CONSTRUCTIVE comments regarding personal experiences with Brian Goodwin.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow... got a bone to pick or something? :lol:

Brian has been VERY helpful with me and most everyone I speak to thinks he's a great guy. He's done a ton of testing and he always gives his feedback for us schmucks to review and help us make our decisions. He's going out of his way a little to help me with tires and wheels and so on, and I appreciate it.

Personally I like the personalities on this board better than m.net, so I'd suppot vendors here first if possible. But Brian is a good guy from my experience.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I waited about 4 months for a racing Beat part I ordered from Goodwin, and I still can't say anything bad about Brian Goodwin. I would order from him again.

·
4,296 Posts
lol , :lol:
#-o your review in another thread about SDA's Fernandez was dead on =D> , but Brian Goodwin , is a class act as far as support,and his business, and hes a track addict also. thats where i first met him ,
not a sponsor, but still as good a vendor as any.

·
Registered
526 Posts
One of these posts is not like the others! ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Brian Goodwin is a ****. Plain and simple.
Careful whose friends you call names. :evil:
Knowing Brian as I do, if you feel that way, YOU must be at fault. So quit with the name calling.
Careful? Is that an inter-threat? Or do you know witch craft or practice Santeria?

So you're say I installed his "well designed" RoadsterSpor cat-back wrong? He told me to use a 2x4 to make it fit because it was hitting my rear sur frame brace. Since I wasn't about to pry on a brand new exhaust with a piece of luber he recommended that I get some stiffer hangers. And guess what? He just happen to have some he could sell. me. 2 weeks go by and they show up (I live in Torrace and he's in San Diego, half way across the globe). And what do you know, they don't do a damn thing. Then he tells me voer the phone I screwed it up and I don't know what I'm doing. Hmm, yea I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing based on the fact I've been racing since the age of 4, won many races, earned a scholarship from Edelbrock, and worked for multiple race teams.

I really don't care if everyone is his friend or if he was on the board him self. I'm what you call a realist.

Oh and ask Touge Miata about his tire ordeal if you are interested.

·
2,708 Posts
^^I hear what you're saying Full-Bore, but not everyone nor every business is perfect. Mistakes will be made down the road and hopefully Brian will/did learn from his interactions with you and touge (which I know about). If you chose never to do business with him, so be it. For every negative transaction, i'm sure there's 10 good ones. Such is the nature of capitalism.

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Hmm, yea I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing based on the fact I've been racing since the age of 4, won many races, earned a scholarship from Edelbrock, and worked for multiple race teams.

I really don't care if everyone is his friend or if he was on the board him self. I'm what you call a realist.

Wow...you must be the heir to Michael Schumacher. I'm so impressed...NOT!! :-({|=

Brain Goodwin has forgot more than your smart ass will ever know. So get a grip on your ego and put a sock in that mouth of yours at the same time.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Hmm, yea I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing based on the fact I've been racing since the age of 4, won many races, earned a scholarship from Edelbrock, and worked for multiple race teams.

Wow...you must be the heir to Michael Schumacher. I'm so impressed...NOT!! :-({|=

Brain Goodwin has forgot more than your smart ass will ever know. So get a grip on your ego and put a sock in that mouth of yours at the same time.
Why are you so offended? Your "personal friend" probably fucked up, people **** up all the time, it's not like he's some super hero. Every shop has it's good and bad experiences, just let it go

·
Registered
489 Posts

Damn, someone needs their mom to lay down some Desitin on their chapped ass.

Heir to Shumi? Nah, I'm 19 and I don't race open wheel cars so I'd say that boat has sailed. I was just stating some of my credentials so anyone who read this wouldn't think I was talking out of my ass.

So get a grip on your ego and put a sock in that mouth of yours at the same time.
^Dang, you sound a lot like Andrew Fernandez. Are you going to threaten to beat me up next via email? :lol: Hahaha.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Man, I'm glad I'm not a mod here...

My experience with Good-Win has been good. I picked up a used intake of M.net classifieds, but didn't have a mount with it. I e-mailed Brian, asked for info on the support, he sent me the instruction sheet so I could fabricate my own.

A friend had some issues ordering wheels from him, but that could have been supplier related... no clue.

·
3,857 Posts
Brian Goodwin is a ****. Plain and simple.
Careful whose friends you call names. :evil:
Knowing Brian as I do, if you feel that way, YOU must be at fault. So quit with the name calling.
Careful? Is that an inter-threat? Or do you know witch craft or practice Santeria?

So you're say I installed his "well designed" RoadsterSpor cat-back wrong? He told me to use a 2x4 to make it fit because it was hitting my rear sur frame brace. Since I wasn't about to pry on a brand new exhaust with a piece of luber he recommended that I get some stiffer hangers. And guess what? He just happen to have some he could sell. me. 2 weeks go by and they show up (I live in Torrace and he's in San Diego, half way across the globe). And what do you know, they don't do a damn thing. Then he tells me voer the phone I screwed it up and I don't know what I'm doing. Hmm, yea I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing based on the fact I've been racing since the age of 4, won many races, earned a scholarship from Edelbrock, and worked for multiple race teams.

Just one observation here.

You are trying to prove that you are right in the way that you installed the damn thing by giving us your credentials as a race car driver :roll:

I know a lot of professional race car driver that they are not the best mechanics...

So when you are saying that you know what you are doing, I do believe you but not because you were lucky (and maybe rich) enough to start racing at the age of 4.
The stiffer hangers is something that many shops recommend (and I think I'm going to buy some of them) - I believe they are around $7 each right?

Pcola'sNB
Regarding the BOSS FROG you can't order directly from them but there is a guy that works there and can give you 10% off IIRC.
Try to find the group buy that I was trying to launch...
FYI I never used that contact and I got my Roll Bar from another another place (also not vendor)...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.