ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was thinking about getting a set of CBR600, or Gixxer itbs, and use an HKS VPC, along with MAP sensor and IAT sensor to replace the AFM, and still use the stock ECU. I know retaining the stock ECU isn't the best option, but I want to know if this can be done? What do you for the TPS. Is there a way to wiring the TPS that comes with the itbs to the stock wiring? Or can the stock TPS be mounted onto the itbs?

I don't know if this has been covered. I tried searching, but no luck. There are a couple of guys on .net using motorcycle itbs, but they are using MegaSquirt. And then there is a guy that fabed up his own TPS and wired it up to stock wiring. But do you guys know the TPS from motorcycle can be use along with stock ECU? Thanks for help, guys. Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'd just look of a way to make the Mazda TPS work with the gixxer (or whatever you end up using) ITB's, since I'm pretty sure that the voltages that the motorcycle TPS will differ from the Miata's TPS.

Just to make it a little easier on yourself (maybe cheaper...?) instead of using a VPC and MAP sensor, just fab an airtight plenum over the ITB's and that way you can still use an intake pipe and stock MAF. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
making a plenum to me defeats the purpose of itb unless I want to go FI. I will use VPC with MAP and IAT sensor to replace the stock AFM. But I need something to handle the TPS. I've found out that the 1.6 TPS only reads closed throttle and open throttle. So that makes things a little easier, I think... :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion have a plenum will place the path of incoming air further away from the throttle bodies, therefore it will hurt throttle response, and of course, you don't get to see the glorious trumpets and hear the sound. And if you have a plenum in the shape of a stock intake mani, having the opening of fresh air point towards the front of the car, the throttle runner at the end of the plenum, nearing the fire wall, will be inhaling hotter, and possibly less volum of air in comparison of runners more close to the front of the car. I could be wrong, as I am no engineer.

And also having itb, for me at least, is to get rid of the restrictive stock afm. So having itb with a plenum with an afm at the end, just doesn't make much sense to me. I want to do itbs for peformance, looks and sound. I simply prefer to have them showing, instead of being inside a plenum.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
bite the bullet and megasuirt that beast foo.

and hit up sid. he's got some itbs to get rid of. I think gixxer6s or 750s maybe.

kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts