ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i fired the snugtop I've had for a few months. It was white, I striped it to match, but I couldn't make it stop leaking, and the inferior Snugtop latches made me angry alll the time. Since it has been monsoon season here in the NW, i was tired of bailing water from the Leaky Tiki every day.

Found a deal on Craigslist Portland today, so I jumped in the car, stopped at the bank, and beat feet from Seattle down to Portland. Picked up my new 2001 hardtop, and it's such a nice shade of blue, i'm starting to reconsider my original plan to repaint it when the car gets painted, and now I'm thinking evil thoughts of two-tone paint. I dunno. . . half of me says live with it until you paint, the other half says leave it as is when you paint, stripe it to match though, and paint the wheels to coordinate.

Decisions, decisions. Anyone have any ideas for me? for 750 bucks, there was NO way I was passing it up even if the color is goofy.

At night, the top dissapears over 10 feet away. it doesn't reflect like black would, it just soaks up the light. In direct light, it's a great shade of medium blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just paint it black via rattle-can. It's small enough and you don't have to worry about color matching.
Chris

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
shouldn't this be in the exterior forum?

Anyway, I like the two tone look. Maybe redo the stripes in blue to match.

Other ideas: paint the windsheild header to match, or do the top with white stripes so it's inverted.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a dark blue, 3unos, it's about the color of your car, maybe 2 shades darker.

Dunno if I wanna cover up the really good condition blue paint with rattlecan, but the stripe inversion sounds kinda cool. . . hrm.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My white NA has a black hardtop on my Autocross car.. I've always thought about black stripes on the car and white stripes on the roof to give it a odd contrast.

So the dark blue on the 01's is a midnight blue mica I bet it looks cool! Any chance to restripe the car with matching blue and white?

Might look cool!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Mystic stripes it has now are vinyl, and starting to look pretty beat up. It'd be a trivial change to peel 'em off, and go blue... but the stripes turn blue from certain angles.... I keep thinking on striping the top to match the rest of the car and ignoring the fact that it's a blue top. :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow. you got the hard top faster than you expected, congrats bro. I pity the lucky person getting yours, haha.
Oh trust me, I'll disclose all issues. I'll make it well known why I only want 500 for it, and why i'm taking a 400 dollar loss on it (yes, i paid nine hundred for the Snugtop).

...plus I plan to fix all the issues, and bundle in the retaining straps I made up for the latches. When I'm done it'll be a passable top, just not quite the quality I needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts